Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qarium View Post

thats true..

but the fix for LogoFail is trivial you do it the DELL way by disable the ability to change the Logo or you just disable the complete logo and show the text based bios message.

I really wonder about Asus do they really do security patches who are unstable what force you to use the old version with the security holes ?

thats really bad then plain and simple never buy a ASUS mainboard again other brands are cheaper and better anyway.

its a long time ago that i had any asus mainboard because everytime i check for a new system they are more expensive
    Thankfully, I don't use logo boot. I always want to see my post. Hell, I even verbose boot Linux. lol.

But yeah, Asus UEFI/BIOS support has been terrible for me. I completely forgot swore off Asus boards back in the Intel X58 days. I just forgot how bad my experiences were with them. I have no luck with them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by WileEPyote View Post
      Thankfully, I don't use logo boot. I always want to see my post. Hell, I even verbose boot Linux. lol.
      But yeah, Asus UEFI/BIOS support has been terrible for me. I completely forgot swore off Asus boards back in the Intel X58 days. I just forgot how bad my experiences were with them. I have no luck with them at all.
      the truth is the best brands many times are also the ones who are the cheapest or near to the cheapest.

i make 2 examples one for Threadripper TR5 socket:

gigabyte is at 805€ and ASUS is at 971€

and a AM5 mainboard comparison:

gigabyte is at 105€ and ASUS is at 117€

see ASUS is always much more expensive and then people like you report that the stability with the updates is not good.

my advise for you then is to just buy a gigabyte board next time saves you a lot of money and the support looks better to
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Yeah. I'm either upgrading to the ASRock x670E Taichi or the Gigabyte x670E Aorus Master. Haven decided which yet. Just depends on which is the better deal when it comes time for me to buy.

Comment

I wonder if ASRock made this on purpose for their consumer products to work better on Linux,
          or if it is just a byproduct of their BC-250 compute rigs.

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
            my advise for you then is to just buy a gigabyte board next time saves you a lot of money and the support looks better to
            From what I remember, Gigabyte is prone to horrendously broken ACPI where their official stance is "It works with Windows. It's not broken. You are."

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

From what I remember, Gigabyte is prone to horrendously broken ACPI where their official stance is "It works with Windows. It's not broken. You are."
              Then it's looking like ASRock X670E Taichi for me. lol

I will say the last Gigabyte board I had was back in the X58 days, but it was a wonderful board. Rock solid stability, great overclocking, and compatible with every OS I threw at it (even including OSX) at the time.

Comment

Then it's looking like ASRock X670E Taichi for me. lol

I will say the last Gigabyte board I had was back in the X58 days, but it was a wonderful board. Rock solid stability, great overclocking, and compatible with every OS I threw at it (even including OSX) at the time.
                In that case, make sure you buy it from one of the vendors on their official resellers list. ASRock's policy is that buying from outside that list (including the "Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon" side of Amazon) will mean that your warranty is void from the start.

Comment

Do they really need AI to tell me what reasonable default settings are ?

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

In that case, make sure you buy it from one of the vendors on their official resellers list. ASRock's policy is that buying from outside that list (including the "Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon" side of Amazon) will mean that your warranty is void from the start.
                    I typically buy boards from Newegg

Comment

I typically buy boards from Newegg
                      I normally buy anything I know how to check for counterfeits or similar from Amazon for the free shipping on "return for replacement/refund". (eg. I generally buy all my hard drives "Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon.ca" unless NewEgg.ca has a particularly good sale.)

Comment

Working...
                      X