Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Acquires An AI Software Company

Phoronix: AMD Acquires An AI Software Company

While AMD has acquired a number of hardware companies in the past several years, software company acquisitions by AMD has been much more rare. This morning AMD announced the acquisition of Mipsology as an AI software company...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

more rare
    rarer

Comment

AI, AI, AI
      I understood that reference.

Comment

UNBELIEVEABLE?!

COULD AMD FINALLY WANT TO PROVIDE A FULL STACK TO THEIR CUSTOMERS?

Next you'll tell me they've sacked the Radeon marketing head and replaced it with someone that can actually enter a room full of people and leave it without tripping on every single thing in it, snatching and pulling down his pants in the process!

Comment

Originally posted by Mahboi View Post
          COULD AMD FINALLY WANT TO PROVIDE A FULL STACK TO THEIR CUSTOMERS?
          How does this differ from simply using the ROCm backend of pytorch, to use that example?

Next you'll tell me they've sacked the Radeon marketing head and replaced it with someone that can actually enter a room full of people and leave it without tripping on every single thing in it, snatching and pulling down his pants in the process!
          If they have cerebral palsy, that would be understandable. Job performance is what counts, not someone's mobility difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
            How does this differ from simply using the ROCm backend of pytorch, to use that example?
            The fact that a ton of people regularly complain that they tried exactly that and found problems/errors/incomplete workflows all over the place?
            The fact that AMD's software is routinely raised as the biggest and most problematic part of their stack?
            Or are you going to play the common "NUH UH" card that I've seen to much of?
            Software like this is meant to streamline and simplify. ROCm hasn't ever been simple to use compared to its competition.

Originally posted by coder View Post
            If they have cerebral palsy, that would be understandable. Job performance is what counts, not someone's mobility difficulties.
            How can you miss the point this much...
            RTG's marketing is some stuff of legends incompetent, that's what I was saying.

Comment

Or are you going to play the common "NUH UH" card that I've seen to much of?
              I'm not playing any card. I just asked a question. I'm trying to understand Zebra's value-add and how it differs from what already existed. There must've been some good reason for AMD to buy them.

How can you miss the point this much...
              RTG's marketing is some stuff of legends incompetent, that's what I was saying.
              Maybe because you didn't talk about the job they're doing, but instead focused exclusively on one or more incidents involving poor physical coordination/mobility. If you meant they're doing a bad job, just say so.

Comment

Originally posted by aviallon View Post
                I understood that reference.
                I mean, it works wonders for Dear Leader Jensen so why not use it?

:-D

Comment

Working...
                X