FSF Adopts A Board Member Agreement, Code of Ethics For Board Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSF Adopts A Board Member Agreement, Code of Ethics For Board Members

Phoronix: FSF Adopts A Board Member Agreement, Code of Ethics For Board Members

Following the Richard Stallman situation, board members leaving, projects seeking greater transparency from the FSF, and other issues within the Free Software Foundation the past two years, the FSF has finally adopted a new governance framework for board members...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Somehow all news I've heard about FSF over this year are some bs waste of time code of ethics nonsense that's very poorly thought out, and Richard Stallman getting kicked out of his own organization by sjws.... I suppose with the latter, the former isn't really much surprise, I mean...

The FSF is just an SJW mouthpiece now isn't it? Nothing more? This is what it's been reduced to in Stallman's absence isn't it? No more 'free software' foundation, just 'free politics' foundation now?

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      Somehow all news I've heard about FSF over this year are some bs waste of time code of ethics nonsense that's very poorly thought out, and Richard Stallman getting kicked out of his own organization by sjws.... I suppose with the latter, the former isn't really much surprise, I mean...

The FSF is just an SJW mouthpiece now isn't it? Nothing more? This is what it's been reduced to in Stallman's absence isn't it? No more 'free software' foundation, just 'free politics' foundation now?
      The truth is we can live and prosper without the FSF. There's plenty of Licenses and organizations to choose from. And plenty of money too thanks to corporations which are paying for almost anything good happening to Linux these days.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

The truth is we can live and prosper without the FSF. There's plenty of Licenses and organizations to choose from. And plenty of money too thanks to corporations which are paying for almost anything good happening to Linux these days.
        Still they manage the kernel.org website, the kernel bugzilla (horribly), tons of kernel git repositories, bugzilla, multiple Linux mailing lists, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Still they manage the kernel.org website, the kernel bugzilla (horribly), tons of kernel git repositories, bugzilla, multiple Linux mailing lists, etc.
          Which is peanuts for Linux interested corporations to take over.

Comment

I think Phoronix shouldn't post these articles about the FSF, no one here is interested by any extent to the meaning, or the value, of free software and ethics applied to the software as well as in the IT ecosystem and related work places.

Any article ends in free offenses against the FSF and the people that work or support it.
            Last edited by Danielsan; 17 December 2021, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

Shouldn't his offenses be brought to light? How do you or organizations get better at something - learn where you are falling short and take the necessary steps to address discovered shortcomings.

Lots of medicines taste like crap but in the end they do fix ailments !

Comment

Originally posted by xhustler View Post

Shouldn't his offenses be brought to light?
                The only valid accusation made against him is that he's obnoxious, everything else is pure defamation. That's how rotten this community has become.

Comment

Shouldn't his offenses be brought to light? How do you or organizations get better at something - learn where you are falling short and take the necessary steps to address discovered shortcomings.

Lots of medicines taste like crap but in the end they do fix ailments !
                  Medicines taste like crap, and so do most poisons. The entire debacle has been led by sjws and ethical source people who have nothing good to do but ride on the success of free and open source and politicise it uselessly and divide the community into parts that will then inevitably die gradually

Comment

Shouldn't his offenses be brought to light?
                    Yes. In fact, let's do it right now.
                    Here is a comprehensive list of crimes he committed, backed by factual evidence:

Comment

Working...
                    X