FSF Adopts A Board Member Agreement, Code of Ethics For Board Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
    I think Phoronix shouldn't post these articles about the FSF, no one here is interested by any extent to the meaning, or the value, of free software and ethics applied to the software as well as in the IT ecosystem and related work places.

Any article ends in free offenses against the FSF and the people that work or support it.
    My 'mother tongue' is English as spoken in the UK, and I have extensive experience working with people around the world whose mother tongues were not English, nevertheless, I can't parse this. Would someone be so kind as to clarify the meaning?

One thing I would point out: claiming to speak for everyone on this forum is rather a broad claim, and would require quite strong evidence of its correctness.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      The FSF is just an SJW mouthpiece now isn't it? Nothing more? This is what it's been reduced to in Stallman's absence isn't it? No more 'free software' foundation, just 'free politics' foundation now?
      The fact that they failed to get Richard out totally does speak to the argument that they never really ran things and with the meltdown and resignations following his return (taking on the, frankly hilarious, title of "Chief gnuisance") they basically purged themselves out of the organization. This is unfortunately necessary damage control for the damage they did with all the false allegations they made on their way out of the door.

Unfortunately for Richard he's someone who's very easy to hate and demonize. Him being a very friendly person really doesn't play well with women when he's also physically repulsive and neither does the fact that having been in the scene since the late 1970s he's obviously said and thought a lot of things that were perfectly normal back then, but aren't considered acceptable anymore. Particularly among the more puritan-minded elements of the scene, which already tried to force him into retirement.
      Last edited by L_A_G; 17 December 2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grouch View Post

My 'mother tongue' is English as spoken in the UK, and I have extensive experience working with people around the world whose mother tongues were not English, nevertheless, I can't parse this. Would someone be so kind as to clarify the meaning?

One thing I would point out: claiming to speak for everyone on this forum is rather a broad claim, and would require quite strong evidence of its correctness.
        Sorry didn't realize was so much confusing...

What I attempted to write is: in this place, the majorities of the people don't care anything about free-software and even lesser about the FSF and couldn't bother nothing about ethic (assuming those folks actually know its meaning).

Thus every time these articles about the FSF are the, yet again, excuse to throw shit against the FSF, their members, their supporters, what they do, etc...

Comment

I think Phoronix shouldn't post these articles about the FSF, no one here is interested by any extent to the meaning, or the value, of free software and ethics applied to the software as well as in the IT ecosystem and related work places.

Any article ends in free offenses against the FSF and the people that work or support it.
          You're the kind of person who would read a bill title like "USA PATRIOT Act" and then say "who can disagree with patriotism?". Not everything in a book is on its cover.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

You're the kind of person who would read a bill title like "USA PATRIOT Act" and then say "who can disagree with patriotism?". Not everything in a book is on its cover.
            Not, absolutely not. My nature is the opposite, but if people here aren't interested in such topics he shouldn't writing about those, he may reduce the rudeness in this forum up to a 15%...

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              Still they manage the kernel.org website, the kernel bugzilla (horribly), tons of kernel git repositories, bugzilla, multiple Linux mailing lists, etc.
              Are you sure ? AFAIK the kernel infrastructure is run by the Linux Kernel Organization that mentions Linux Foundation and other sponsors but not FSF.

Test signature

Comment

the most wierd thing about any political correctness CoC is that they are actually harmful in nature for a lot of cases.

eg. Rust Code of conduct:
                We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of level of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other similar characteristic.
                I am here asking i don't mind that you want to be friendly i welcome it. But why it is not written in way
                We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
                At least Rust adds that "similar characteristic" but a lot of SJWs focus only entirly on sex and race and nothing more. It is to a point where Hollywood has jokes about adopted people (and let's be honest there is no reason to put such people in harm) while not a single one where sex or race is touched in jokingly manner. It is basicly like saying hey if you are discriminated because of issue A or B we will protect you, but in case of C or D or E we will not.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Are you sure ? AFAIK the kernel infrastructure is run by the Linux Kernel Organization that mentions Linux Foundation and other sponsors but not FSF.

https://www.kernel.org/category/about.html
                  I'm not very well versed in their relationships but I've always been under the impression that the kernel infrastructure is primarily run and sponsored by FSF.

Would be great if someone shed light on that.

Comment

Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post
                    the most wierd thing about any political correctness CoC is that they are actually harmful in nature for a lot of cases.

eg. Rust Code of conduct:

I am here asking i don't mind that you want to be friendly i welcome it. But why it is not written in way

At least Rust adds that "similar characteristic" but a lot of SJWs focus only entirly on sex and race and nothing more. It is to a point where Hollywood has jokes about adopted people (and let's be honest there is no reason to put such people in harm) while not a single one where sex or race is touched in jokingly manner. It is basicly like saying hey if you are discriminated because of issue A or B we will protect you, but in case of C or D or E we will not.
                    I agree. There's nearly infinite ways to discriminate someone, that it's impossible to mention in a document without the size of Wikipedia or even more.

I don't agree with alt-right crap, even their terms.
                    • Alt-right is a newer label for nazi-like groups. Those are constantly writing and promoting nosense and being extremely toxic, trolling constantly. They do nothing productive too, yet they want to govern everything and feel superior (...supremacy).
                    • Then there's fake leftists. Those are constantly writing and promoting nosense and being extremely toxic, trolling constantly. They do nothing productive too, yet they want to govern everything and feel superior (...supremacy).
                    Both seem the same crap to me... fakeleft-altright-same.png

Comment

Not, absolutely not. My nature is the opposite, but if people here aren't interested in such topics he shouldn't writing about those, he may reduce the rudeness in this forum up to a 15%...
                      if you don't like rudeness then you're free to skip the comments on such news.
                      It's that simple.

I'm sure that Michael has enough experience running Phoronix to know exactlty what to post and what not.

Comment

Working...
                      X