Former Linux Developer Hans Reiser To Remain Locked Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscato View Post
    The abortion question has already been decided in roe vs wade.

A woman has no legal requirement to continue to support a fetus inside of them.

The fetus can be removed, without killing it immediately. It will of course, have no chance of survival on its own, but making sure another person survives is not your legal responsibility. Even with life support from a medical facility, it will eventually end.

Perhaps you could step up and be a donor to make sure the fetus survives by transplanting it, but nobody should be required to grow another creature inside of them. It's a form of slavery.
    This is a settled legal issue. Just get over it.

It's not a legal issue, it's an ethical issue, and a crappy US legal decision doesn't apply. And just by the way, I'm not american nor living in the US, but even then that wouldn't count.

There are higher things than even the constitution of any country.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

My fathers told me when I was a kid..
      "Tell me with who you usually agree with... and I will tell you, who you are.."

My old parents at the time,
      Gave me "that tool"..

Today( with all the experience acquired during my life.. ), I realize that "that tool"( that my fathers gave me in childhood ),
      Was probably the most powerful tool they ever gave me..

I don't know about you,
      But I know about me, and I don't want a single line of code of that guy polluting my computer..
      Yeah, not really sure what you're getting at, since you speak in innuendo. The thing is, you can't tell that the software you're running is probably, in part, written by child molesters.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscato View Post
        The abortion question has already been decided in roe vs wade.

A woman has no legal requirement to continue to support a fetus inside of them.

The fetus can be removed, without killing it immediately. It will of course, have no chance of survival on its own, but making sure another person survives is not your legal responsibility. Even with life support from a medical facility, it will eventually end.

Perhaps you could step up and be a donor to make sure the fetus survives by transplanting it, but nobody should be required to grow another creature inside of them. It's a form of slavery.
        This is a settled legal issue. Just get over it.
        Specifically regarding that legal decision, and taking no position on the ethical matters tied up in it, it's likely that that decision will be rightfully overturned. The way it was decided has been a stain on the Supreme Court, and almost everyone involved (including Roe herself, who rescinded her accounts) is embarrassed to some extent about it.

If you want to affirm the largely unlimited right of a woman to have a professional kill a fetus, or a ready prenatal infant, in her womb despite the law; you will probably need to call a constitutional convention. I personally think this issue will fall again to the states, once the decision is reviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

Yeah, not really sure what you're getting at, since you speak in innuendo. The thing is, you can't tell that the software you're running is probably, in part, written by child molesters.
          I really hope not,
          But yeah, I admit that maybe we could have code from Unwanted people..

But not knowing about it, is one thing, knowing and continue using their code is another..

Comment

I really hope not,
            But yeah, I admit that maybe we could have code from Unwanted people..

But not knowing about it, is one thing, knowing and continue using their code is another..
            What substantial harm is there in exploiting the labour of people with unrelated unforgivable flaws?

Comment

What substantial harm is there in exploiting the labour of people with unrelated unforgivable flaws?
              "tell me with the people you usually agreed with, and I will tell you who you are.."
              In first place exploitation, is not a good term for the case, because that term makes you been even worst than the correspondent Criminal..

"unrelated unforgivable flaws" ??
              They are not unrelated flaws... there are severe crimes, horrendous ones..

The answer to what I think is your question, ... i believe you are able to get it yourself..

Comment

"tell me with the people you usually agreed with, and I will tell you who you are.."
                In first place exploitation, is not a good term for the case, because that term makes you been even worst than the correspondent Criminal..

"unrelated unforgivable flaws" ??
                They are not unrelated flaws... there are severe crimes, horrendous ones..

The answer to what I think is your question, ... i believe you are able to get it yourself..
                Huh? If English is your second language I get not understanding "exploit", though this is all gobbledygook. You seem to be saying that you just sorta believe whatever feels comfortable and expedient. What is wrong with benefitting from unrelated actions of somebody who also happened to, completely separately, do something heinous which was unforeseen and is no longer a danger? It's not like using ReiserFS causes murder or something.

Comment

Huh? If English is your second language I get not understanding "exploit", though this is all gobbledygook. You seem to be saying that you just sorta believe whatever feels comfortable and expedient. What is wrong with benefitting from unrelated actions of somebody who also happened to, completely separately, do something heinous which was unforeseen and is no longer a danger? It's not like using ReiserFS causes murder or something.
                  because it happens that ReiserFS and a murder are deeply connected events,
                  They are not splitted or separated incidents, they are very closed related..besides I don't want to have anything to do with criminal code developed by that monster..

I like the family protection and safe model, not the murderous one..

"tell me with who you usually agreed, and I will tell you who you are.." this sentence for me is enough..

Comment

because it happens that ReiserFS and a murder are deeply connected events,
                    They are not splitted or separated incidents, they are very closed related..besides I don't want to have anything to do with criminal code developed by that monster..

I like the family protection and safe model, not the murderous one..

"tell me with who you usually agreed, and I will tell you who you are.." this sentence for me is enough..
                    Well, I'm pretty sure you can find a rather large number of criminals who is - or has been - working for Microsoft. Or have supplied Linux patches. Or worked on any of the large number of GNU tools. Or maybe built the roads you need to get to/from work everyday or the power lines needed to supply your home with electricity.

As already noted earlier - it's a different thing if the product itself is the creation based on a crime or perceived crime. Like how people explicitly avoids using make-up that has been tested on animals. Or medicine etc invented by forcibly testing on prisoners. This really is a very important distinction.

If you fail to separate produced work with person, then I don't think there is any way saving you. Then all this thread will ever be is lots of irrelevant poo.

Comment

Originally posted by zyxxel View Post
                      Or maybe built the roads you need to get to/from work everyday or the power lines needed to supply your home with electricity.
                      Sorry but in my country prisoners are not slaves..

Originally posted by zyxxel View Post
                      As already noted earlier - it's a different thing if the product itself is the creation based on a crime or perceived crime.
                      The problem is that the product is the base of a cold blood murder..you can't separate both since its the cause of all problems..

It was because of it, that the problems started and in the end, a Female was killed.. how can you separate that?

Comment

Working...
                      X