Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd 242 Released With XBOOTLDR Support, Networkd L2TP Tunnels

Phoronix: Systemd 242 Released With XBOOTLDR Support, Netword L2TP Tunnels

Red Hat developer Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek keszybz has just tagged the systemd 242 release, which is coming in with yet more features for this init system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Systemd 242 adds support to systemd-boot for the Extended Boot Loader "XBOOTLDR" specification,
    I hope this means Fedora will stop using grub by default.

Comment

How to pronounce his name? Is it a polish name?

Comment

Disgusting™

Comment

I like systemd and systemd-boot works great as well! I only need grub nowadays for booting my VM's, I just don't want to be bothered there making sure that OVMF works (besides Tianocore boots quite slow as well).

Comment

Keszyb is Zbyszek backwards. I'm assuming that this wasn't meant for the article? Or is he using it as a nickname? Zbyszek is a common form of Zbigniew, his first name. I don't think it was meant to be used as part of the article though Michael...

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
              How to pronounce his name? Is it a polish name?
              Nope is German.
              The ö in his name is an Umlaut. Sounds a bit like the Ea in earth.

Comment

Keszybz is his github/gitlab/whatever username.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
                  Nope is German.
                  The ö in his name is an Umlaut. Sounds a bit like the Ea in earth.
                  This was definitely one of the funnier systemd comments here.

Comment

Vontade de mandar se fuder por causa do humor sarcástico, mas achei melhor deixar quieto mesmo

Comment

Working...
                    X