Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd 242 Released With XBOOTLDR Support, Networkd L2TP Tunnels

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    What's retarded is you zeroing in on having to expand your patterns of pronunciation for a different language and pissing in the wind that it doesn't conform to what you have been taught in your primary language.
    Who gives a shit about expanding pattern of pronunciation? It's all about the fact that a letter with a specific sound gets a pronunciation that's so far from the original it can only be labeled as retarded.

    Of course there's always special needs nationalistic dummies who think human languages are "special" and deserve "special love" for "cultural background" even if they are retarded. I don't consider them any different than computer languages, and in this case, you'd be an idiot to not consider e.g. Brainfuck retarded.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      That's one of the good things about Portuguese, we spell it the way we speak it.
      The letters were invented, I think, to be spoken correctly,
      But in some idioms,
      Seems that some glitch, in the transmission occurred, and we receive "encrypted messages" ..

      Comment


      • #33
        systemd.volatile=overlay
        Sorry to bump a old thread but has anyone got this new command working?

        All i can find at Google is people guessing how it should work with <kernelstub> or <efi loader.conf> but nothing about it actually working on a linux distro.

        Thanks

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Thaodan View Post

          Nope is German.
          The รถ in his name is an Umlaut. Sounds a bit like the Ea in earth.
          Name looks Polish or Czech. His actual ethnicity is anyone's guess. Plenty of people who are bilingual and speak both, or either and German as natives. These regions have been conquered, borders have shifted, and people mixed ethnically countless times throughout the history.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by zakporter View Post

            Sorry to bump a old thread but has anyone got this new command working?

            All i can find at Google is people guessing how it should work with <kernelstub> or <efi loader.conf> but nothing about it actually working on a linux distro.

            Thanks
            By looking at this

            and this


            It requires to have systemd and systemd-volatile-root in the initrd, and Debian/Ubuntu distros don't do that or use other ways to have the same effect. I don't know about other distros

            Comment


            • #36
              Thanks for confirming what i've already found , not even the Systemd Devs seem know or be able to commit to saying what actual Distro this command works on out of the box.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                By looking at this

                and this
                https://www.enricozini.org/blog/2019...d-only-rootfs/

                It requires to have systemd and systemd-volatile-root in the initrd, and Debian/Ubuntu distros don't do that or use other ways to have the same effect. I don't know about other distros
                Thanks for your post. You let me decide to abandon systemd with the next installation, while I hope to remain with Debian, for security reasons. Traditional solutions are still the best. I already experienced an unbootable PC because of systemd. I don't want to think to linux users who encrypt their partitions.
                Last edited by Guest; 08 January 2020, 08:27 AM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by zakporter View Post
                  Thanks for confirming what i've already found , not even the Systemd Devs seem know or be able to commit to saying what actual Distro this command works on out of the box.
                  Why would they know or care? Distros are free to enable or disable whatever they want, not just for systemd but for everything.

                  Ask your distro maintainers or coummunity for a particular feature you need.
                  Last edited by starshipeleven; 08 January 2020, 02:25 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by frank007 View Post
                    Thanks for your post. You let me decide to abandon systemd
                    How is my post related to this.

                    while I hope to remain with Debian, for security reasons.
                    BSDs are safer.

                    Traditional solutions are still the best.
                    No they are not (i.e. Debian has no real way to do the overlay/tmpfs without custom hacking), but you surely need to learn how to use new stuff if you want to use it.
                    If you don't want to learn new stuff, keep using "traditional solutions", but they are not "better".

                    I already experienced an unbootable PC because of systemd.
                    You assumed systemd would act exactly like the "traditional solution" when it does not.

                    I don't want to think to linux users who encrypt their partitions.
                    How does this matter? You can freely mount any encrypted partition from a live CD as long as you still know the password.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      Why would they know or care? Distros are free to enable or disable whatever they want, not just for systemd but for everything.

                      Ask your distro maintainers or coummunity for a particular feature you need.
                      *perplexed*

                      Hence why i asked on here if anyone knows of a distro with this feature?


                      Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      No they are not (i.e. Debian has no real way to do the overlay/tmpfs without custom hacking), but you surely need to learn how to use new stuff if you want to use it
                      *perplexed again*

                      fsprotect 1.7 , you just add a simple command to grub.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X