Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    rsyslog-pgsql.x86_64 : PostgresSQL support for rsyslog
    er, i asked for text database, not for text log. journal is a database

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      er, i asked for text database, not for text log. journal is a database
      WTF - you asked explicit for postgresql - what in the world is a "text database"?

hell what do you want?
      either use journalctl or rsyslog which writes to traditional logfiles and/or all sort of databases

Comment

WTF - you asked explicit for postgresql
        but not for its log
        Originally posted by hreindl View Post
        - what in the world is a "text database"?
        /etc/passwd ?

Comment

but not for its log
          /etc/passwd ?
          WTF - what does "but not for its log" mean at all

hell, rsyslog is what was there all the years before systemd/journald and is still here pulling the journl data and write it to the same textfiles as all the years and if you want you can log to all sort of databases too - so what about express your question properly?

Comment

but not for its log
            rsyslog.conf:
            Code:
            *.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none action(type="ommysql" server="192.168.196.2" serverport="3306" db="dbmail" uid="vm_syslog" pwd="***" template="stdSQLformat")
            mail.* action(type="ommysql" server="127.0.0.1" serverport="3307" db="rsyslog" uid="rsyslog" pwd="***" template="stdSQLformat")
            IT'S NOT "it's log" - IT'S YOUR LOGS TO MYSQL/PGSQL

Code:
            module(load="imjournal" StateFile="imjournal.state"  Ratelimit.Interval="600" Ratelimit.Burst="50000")
            and that pulls your logs from journald

Comment

and that pulls your logs from journald
              you are still misinterpreting my request. i don't need to replace journal with rsyslog. i asked for replacement of pgsl with text files + grep. bonus points for doing it with shell scripts

Comment

you are still misinterpreting my request. i don't need to replace journal with rsyslog. i asked for replacement of pgsl with text files + grep. bonus points for doing it with shell scripts
                why would anybody sane in his mind would do that?

if you have flat data for the sake of god write it to a text file
                if you have structured data write it to a database

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post
                  One more time Weasel, where is your reproducable bugreport pinpointing an actual problem? Are we to discuss your beliefs?
                  I don't care what you discuss and I never intended to address you in the first place? You addressed me? So it's your problem, pal.

I don't give a shit what you believe either. There's no bug report cause I simply don't give a shit of wasting my time on systemd any more than I already have. Since the fix took 2 minutes, it would take more to report this cancer shit and for what? They won't ditch systemd anyway.

Now get lost.

Originally posted by arokh View Post
                  One more time, removing glibc causes a conflict so glibc is SHIT!!!! hahahahaha Weasel logic. I tried removing it 10 times so it's definitely crapware and Redhat is EVIIIIIL
                  Show me where in the command I listed did the word "systemd" show up, you fucking cunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                    I don't give a shit what you believe either. There's no bug report cause I simply don't give a shit of wasting my time on systemd any more than I already have. Since the fix took 2 minutes, it would take more to report this cancer shit and for what? They won't ditch systemd anyway.
                    if you don't give a shit just shut up in general

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                    Show me where in the command I listed did the word "systemd" show up, you fucking cunt.
                    just because you pretend something without the full input/output of that shell session means nothing

prove it or it did not happen and when you don't file bugreports but claim systemd is always in your way while it isn't you are worth nothing

Comment

if you don't give a shit just shut up in general
                      Actually no, since I don't give a shit about you or what you believe, and I did not post in this thread for morons like yourself, never intended to address you at all. You, on the other hand....

Comment

Working...
                      X