Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Is Removing A Package Over Its Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Huh? Who said anything about a specific country?
    As for hiding innuendo, that's what it is: "an indirect intimation about a person or thing, especially of a disparaging or a derogatory nature"
    The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Acting like Beavis and Butthead: (Heh heh heh heh. He said, "Boobs." Heh heh heh.)
    What is so evil in that? Seriously, I totally don't see anything. Beavis and Butthead are portrayed as jerks. Are you saying that that kind of cartoon should not be made because some can find it offensive?

Uhhuh, I really don't want that the free world we fought so hard for is changed back to totalitarianism.

Comment

Do you even have the package(s) installed? I don't care for the decision myself, but your overreaction is hilarious.

Clickbaiting at its finest/worst.

Yes, especially with utils named boobsize and wetboobs. C'mon folks, use wit and at least try to thinly veil your innuendo. Leave yourself a bit of room for plausible denial..
      I am not overreacting. This is absolutely the least what I can do. What I should do is more. I should try to become Debian dev and start campaigning. But sadly, I don't care enough to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by cnxsoft View Post
        aptitude search boob
        p liboobs-1-5 - GObject based interface to system-tools-backends -
        p liboobs-1-5:i386 - GObject based interface to system-tools-backends -
        p liboobs-1-5-dbg - GObject based interface to system-tools-backends -
        p liboobs-1-5-dbg:i386 - GObject based interface to system-tools-backends -
        p liboobs-1-dev - GObject based interface to system-tools-backends -
        p liboobs-1-dev:i386 - GObject based interface to system-tools-backends -
        p python-weboob - Weboob, Web Out Of Browsers - library
        p python-weboob-core - transitional dummy package
        v python2.7-weboob -
        p weboob - CLI applications to interact with websites
        p weboob-qt - Qt applications to interact with websites

Next in line: liboobs. It clearly has to go, and please don't tell me it stands for lib-oobs
        Fedora is better at it already:

Code:
        # dnf search boob
        Last metadata expiration check: 15:09:27 ago on 2018. dec. 19., szerda, 19:34:48 CET.
        No matches found.

Comment

Please also change "Buster"m because here in Europe this reminds us of "Dolly Buster". "Dolly Buster" was legendary known - acting in entertainment movies. These sort of movies could be seen with different perspective. Some would say it's therapeutical: "relaxation", "massage", Others would say it's "harassment", "misogynist" or simply "this is not massage".

But hey! It's debian!

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
            What is so evil in that? Seriously, I totally don't see anything. Beavis and Butthead are portrayed as jerks.
            Exactly. They act like juvenile jerks. It is funny, but undoubtedly not professional.

Are you saying that that kind of cartoon should not be made because some can find it offensive?
            No. I didn't even imply that. Some of you folks have serious problems with reading comprehension.

I really don't want that the free world we fought so hard for is changed back to totalitarianism.
            You think this is totalitarianism? That's total overreaction, just like your "threat" to switch distros over renaming/removal of a package you apparently don't use. If anything, it may be a bit heavy-handed or overly PC, but calling it totalitarian is ridiculous exaggeration.

Comment

And you Linux kiddies all laughed with glee when people from FreeBSD tried to warn you over and over again that the SJW/Feminist nutcases were coming for Linux next and claimed Linus would always be there to protect you from these lunatics...

It was only a couple of days after the toxic SJW CoC was rammed down the Linux community's throats before the ideological attacks started against core developers of the project.

And it is only been a few months and we already have vile ideological thought police bureaucracies running rampant.

Welcome to Slow Rot.

This sickening garbage won't cause Linux to crash and burn quickly.

Instead it will result in slow rot. Resources will increasingly be diverted away by the ideological crazies to their ever expanding bureaucracies and staff. More and more talented developers just give up and no longer bother contributing. Anyone from the Linux community who speak up is attacked as alt-right or other such drivel.

The Linux community had years to put safeguards in place to prevent this SJW takeover of the project. You guys did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

A hard fork is the only thing that will save Linux. Once the SJW camel's nose is under the tent there is no getting rid of them. They are like locust and will suck the project dry and then move on to the next. The thought police and ideological enforcement bureaucracies will keep expanding and find new things to choose to be 'offended by' and the staff of toxic SJW will keep growing.
              Last edited by BeardedGNUFreak; 20 December 2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

If those people are like you, Arch Linux can have them.
                I wonder am I considered to be alt-right because I strongly support free speech? No matter, hilariously enough I think alt-right needs support because it seems it is the only actor nowadays supporting free speech. So if alt-right are welcome to use Arch Linux, then I shall support Arch Linux too.

You talk a lot also about "corporate users", how Debian must be "professional" enough for them. Debian was an universal operating system for any people. I strongly dislike your tone and attitude how corporates are now all what matters and that some people should go use something else.

Comment

Huh? Who said anything about a specific country?
                  As for hiding innuendo, that's what it is: "an indirect intimation about a person or thing, especially of a disparaging or a derogatory nature"
                  The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Acting like Beavis and Butthead: (Heh heh heh heh. He said, "Boobs." Heh heh heh.)
                  Remember, it is scum like DanL that are enabling this destruction of the Linux community.

The toxic and hateful SJWs attacking Linux would be utterly powerless without the support from scum like him.

Comment

They should remove anti-harassment team instead

Comment

Getting some more popcorn.

Comment

Working...
                      X