Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lucrus View Post
    Hug.
    Were you forced by some CoC to change "fuck" to Hug? Just checking.

Comment

• Originally posted by waxhead View Post
      Fork it! How about Boobian ?
      It has already been forked. They just did not change the name to Snowflake Special Linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
        When they demand a law saying how I should call them, then I have a problem too.
        As long as this is about actual genders it's OK, when it degenerates into "pony" or other insane bs then it is a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
          Were you forced by some CoC to change "fuck" to Hug? Just checking.
          Probably sarcasm on his part

Comment

• I remember years ago when people called Free Software fanatics "communists." They were insulted, and did everything they can to deny it.

Now they're embracing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gurv View Post
              I sometimes wonder if Debian ever thinks about the end user who just wants to get things done.
              With the existence (and prosperity) of Debian forks, isn't the answer undoubtedly "yes" in any case? ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                Probably sarcasm on his part
                You should've picked up my sarcasm as well

Comment

• Originally posted by uxmkt View Post
                  With the existence (and prosperity) of Debian forks, isn't the answer undoubtedly "yes" in any case? ;-)
                  Here is actually epic level of sarcasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by theriddick View Post

Stop escalating this BOOB naming thing to 'faggot' and other derogatory words. Windows is full of this kind of stuff btw.

If people starting putting loads of racial hate comments in their code I'd be concerned then, but names alone... forget it! only a thin skin reptilian could be offended... :-)
                    He's not escalating. See the git links elsewhere in the thread, the source has/had those kinds of words in. Here's a 'faggot' that was removed 8 days ago (i.e. after this controversy), I haven't searched for any current ones as you can't search the source online afaict https://git.weboob.org/weboob/devel/...0e3c5de8112e40.
                    The links in the other post included an error message that called the user a fag, so it wasn't just comments. If you follow the link to the debian bug, it's made clear that the name is a problem, but not a 'flagrant violation' like the insults. I think Michael's article is trolling a bit pretending it's all about the name.

Comment

• Can I donate to this project somewhere? I'm really sad to see an open source project suffer from THIS..

Comment

Working...
                      X