X Server 1.5.0 Is Now Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Server 1.5.0 Is Now Released!

Phoronix: X Server 1.5.0 Is Now Released!

Adam Jackson has just announced the release of the much anticipated X Server 1.5.0. This is the key component that will make up X.Org 7.4, which we expect to see released (hopefully) this week during the X Developer Summit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: X Server 1.5.0 Is Now Released!

Adam Jackson has just announced the release of the much anticipated X Server 1.5.0. This is the key component that will make up X.Org 7.4, which we expect to see released (hopefully) this week during the X Developer Summit...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjY5NQ
    no DRI2 so screw it, not upgrading

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
      lol very nice..

Comment

How long will it take for packages to be in Debian experimental? I cant wait to upgrade!

Comment

Better ask how long it will take for ATI + 2 older NVIDIA legacy drivers to support it

Comment

How long will it take for packages to be in Debian experimental? I cant wait to upgrade!
            hold your horses - the drivers (input/video) might not be ready yet.

i don't want to sound rude, but who are you and why should we care? :>

Comment

oh will wait . Anyways, now that I dont have to depend on fglrx for DRI, at least there's no waiting for ATi to support Xorg 7.4

Comment

hold your horses - the drivers (input/video) might not be ready yet.
                In the experimental repo, xserver-xorg-core is at version 1.5.0-1, and xserver-xorg-video-ati has been built against 1.5 rc since mid July (now it's just some days old from git). Same for mouse, keyboard and touchpad, as far as I can tell. I can't see the changelog right now for some reason...

Comment

If you want to run the latest open-source 3D drivers for ATI/AMD GPUs you pretty much need 1.5, or at least 1.4999999999999.....

In general the open source drivers will stay pretty close to the bleeding edge of framework changes (one of the big benefits of open source drivers is that they can be changed at the same time as the framework) while the proprietary drivers will tend to focus on distros which have already been released.
                  Last edited by bridgman; 04 September 2008, 09:05 AM.
                  Test signature

Comment

Well FC9 was relased in may and there is still no driver for it But now there is absolutely no excuse anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X