Linux Developers To Meet Again To Work On HDR, Color Management & VRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Developers To Meet Again To Work On HDR, Color Management & VRR

Phoronix: Linux Developers To Meet Again To Work On HDR, Color Management & VRR

Last April was a display/HDR hackfest hosted in the Czech Republic by Red Hat. Another Linux display hackfest has been announced for this year so upstream stakeholders can collaborate around high dynamic range (HDR) monitor support, color management, variable refresh rate (VRR), and other topics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's great!
    Let this be the year of HDR on Linux!

Comment

All stuff X.Org already had

Comment

Originally posted by mxan View Post
        Xorg never had HDR. It has high bit depth which isn't the same thing.

It didn't support any per-window color management.

The Wayland color management and HDR protocols will enable HDR and SDR apps and apps with different color spaces to be displayed properly side by side on the same monitor. Linux has never had that.
        Last edited by Myownfriend; 18 February 2024, 11:14 AM.

Comment

This is false as stated by Myownfriend above me.. This is also something I do not understand.. why do so many people post misinformation without actually taking the time to look it up? This is how bad misinformation is today, someone throws their opinions instead of facts acting as if they are facts or thinks they heard a guy on youtube/twitter/wherever say (x) so they spout it out again as facts without doing their own research

Comment

Tell me you are delusional, without telling me you are delusional. Sample number 8273632 by Xorg fanboys.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJBurger View Post

This is false as stated by Myownfriend above me.. This is also something I do not understand.. why do so many people post misinformation without actually taking the time to look it up? This is how bad misinformation is today, someone throws their opinions instead of facts acting as if they are facts or thinks they heard a guy on youtube/twitter/wherever say (x) so they spout it out again as facts without doing their own research
              I suspect it was an ill-advised attempt at sarcasm. The problem of course is, unmarked sarcasm does not work when some people might hold that position legitimately.

Comment

Maybe I'm a naive optimist, but the entire Code of Conduct can be summed up into "Be nice! Be respectful! Don't be an asshole!" so I think that it's just a damn shame that the Code of Conduct has to be so long or even exist.

I don't really want to comment on that, but it's like 40% of the page.

20% about the actual event
                40% travel information
                40% rules around "Be nice! Be respectful! Don't be an asshole!"

It just sucks. You know, we're living in a society! We're supposed to act in a civilized way!

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  Maybe I'm a naive optimist, but the entire Code of Conduct can be summed up into "Be nice! Be respectful! Don't be an asshole!" so I think that it's just a damn shame that the Code of Conduct has to be so long or even exist.

I don't really want to comment on that, but it's like 40% of the page.

20% about the actual event
                  40% travel information

It just sucks. You know, we're living in a society! We're supposed to act in a civilized way!
                  It would be nice if a CoC could be just as simple as that but the issue is that it leaves the definition of "nice", "respectful" and "asshole" up to wild interpretation

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    A-hole's rarely agree that they are being an a-hole (or why anyone would consider them an a-hole).

Comment

Working...
                    X