No announcement yet.

Apple M1 Linux GPU DRM Driver Now Running GNOME, Various Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was faster than i expected... also wtf? a vtuber channel for asahi linux? w-why?

Comment

Last edited by qarium; 28 February 2023, 01:41 PM.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I find it cute that she's a Vtuber with a high pitched voice. Whatever puts money in their pockets.

Comment

Last edited by qarium; 28 February 2023, 01:42 PM.
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by gustavoar View Post

Awesome, I was just asking because Apple tends to be very protective of their products.
            If you buy a Macbook and put Linux on it, Apple still got your money. So they don't care.

If you buy a Dell XPS with Linux on it, Microsoft didn't get your money. But I doubt Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc... sell enough laptops and desktops with Linux for Microsoft to be worried. Now if 5% of Dell's laptop sales had Linux, expect Microsoft to dust off their box of dirty OEM tricks and put them back into play.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
              That was faster than i expected... also wtf? a vtuber channel for asahi linux? w-why?
              If the weeb energy makes the drivers arrive on time, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

If the weeb energy makes the drivers arrive on time, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.
                Exactly, let's criticise work on its own merits. I admire this individual developer dedication to bringing Linux to the M1 Macs, even if I will never buy one I still appreciate the effort it takes and the fact that this might benefit somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
                  This goes really fast forward, didn't expect such speed.
                  Indeed and based on what she wrote it's also thanks to the way Rust helps avoiding many common bugs that plague driver code. If that's the case then it seems that Rust-in-Linux is on a path to become a phenomenal success.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
                    If you buy a Dell XPS with Linux on it, Microsoft didn't get your money. But I doubt Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc... sell enough laptops and desktops with Linux for Microsoft to be worried. Now if 5% of Dell's laptop sales had Linux, expect Microsoft to dust off their box of dirty OEM tricks and put them back into play.
                    Microsoft also doesn't care because they get your money.
                    The license of windows is included when you bought that laptop, usually windows 11 home edition.

Want a different edition? Pay more then.

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

communists blaming people for making money... i think it is very good that he makes money with that.

and he is not a "she" ,.. its Hector Martin not a girl.
                      Perhaps, but the character "Asahi Lina" is.

Comment

Working...
                      X