No announcement yet.

ASpeed AST2600 BMC Support For DisplayPort Landing In Linux 5.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly i would prefer thunderbolt. Up to 25 meters including display, pcie and so on.

But well... I want that primarily for my home server

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
      AST2600 its a dual core cortex a7,
      With a micro-controller cortex-m3, and has the capability to support 2GB RAM. It also has a 2d graphics card on chip.
      For its purposes, its more than adequate, it has plenty of power.
      What I can say from experience with the ASPEED 2300 is that I never experienced 2D performance so bad, since the days of software rendering using VESA compatibility mode. And that's having used other server integrated graphics.

If the AST 2600 indeed has integrated 2D acceleration, it might not be so bad. This would be a necessity for using it at 4k, or even 2.5k.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        What I can say from experience with the ASPEED 2300 is that I never experienced 2D performance so bad, since the days of software rendering using VESA compatibility mode. And that's having used other server integrated graphics.

If the AST 2600 indeed has integrated 2D acceleration, it might not be so bad. This would be a necessity for using it at 4k, or even 2.5k.
        For high resolutions, I believe it should be

I never worked with the AST 2600,
        I just read about it having a 2d graphics, but I don't know how good it is.

Comment

Working...
        X