Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally A Discussion Is Back Concerning FreeSync / Adaptive-Sync / VRR DRM Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juno View Post
    Nvidia hardware is very well capable of varibable refresh rates.
    but not on adaptive sync monitor
    They only limit it to external G-Sync displays because they earn extra money with them. However, they also support "G-Sync" in notebooks that don't have the actual G-Sync module but are driven by regular embedded DisplayPort, which means their GPUs would in fact be capable of supporting Adaptive Sync.
    this is only your speculation

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      And who says that's a hardware limitation, and not a software limitation? You are also just speculating.

Comment

No need to repeat what I've just said.

There is no need for speculation. Nvidia's display controllers can do variable refresh rates on embedded DisplayPort, so the need for the G-Sync module is purely political.

Originally posted by HarlemSquirrel View Post
        Wouldn't a better punch be not to buy their products?
        Both actions are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
          And who says that's a hardware limitation, and not a software limitation? You are also just speculating.
          who says it is limitation? it should exist before it could be limited

Comment

There is no need for speculation. Nvidia's display controllers can do variable refresh rates on embedded DisplayPort, so the need for the G-Sync module is purely political.
            this is speculation since there was no demonstration of working adaptive sync of nvidia videocard with adaptive sync monitor

Comment

Originally posted by arunbupathy View Post

The gender is wrong, Michael. But it's not your fault. I can understand that it can be hard to guess the gender of foreign names.
              Actually it's correct. I've met her in person.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

Actually it's correct. I've met her in person.
                I think you've misunderstood me. It was wrong when this article was first posted. Michael has corrected it since.

Comment

Originally posted by arunbupathy View Post

I think you've misunderstood me. It was wrong when this article was first posted. Michael has corrected it since.
                  Ah, yes, you're right. I misunderstood.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Fixed, thanks.
                    Do an image search of Manasi Navare and you'll always remember that she's a woman. She's quite the eye-candy and a skilled developer. I want one.

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post

Do an image search of Manasi Navare and you'll always remember that she's a woman. She's quite the eye-candy and a skilled developer. I want one.
                      Meh, classic. With women people are guaranteed to comment on whether they look pretty. With men no one pays any attention unless the person looks like they were run over by a car

Comment

Working...
                      X