Wayland For KDE Plasma 5.9 Should Shape Up Quite Nicely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post
    Every time I go into the comments I see people complain about multi-screen. Do that many people really use more than one monitors at home? At work, practically every person does, but really? at home?
    My gamer brother who runs Windows 7 has two monitors. He uses the second one for things he might want to glance at while gaming, like reference material or status displays, and intends to switch to Linux if he's forced off Win7.

My gamer/artist brother has two monitors. He uses the second one for reference material, to show Blender and a video tutorial side-by-side, and various other things.

I'm a programmer and spent $7 on a passive DisplayPort converter so I could add a third monitor to my GTX750 about a year ago to make situations like "glance at conference talk slides I wouldn't otherwise have time for" more comfortable when I'm using the older two monitors to multi-task. (I tend to come up with workflows where constantly raising and lowering windows is a real drag.)

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post
      Every time I go into the comments I see people complain about multi-screen. Do that many people really use more than one monitors at home? At work, practically every person does, but really? at home?
      Well, I have 2 monitors at home as well, but I choose to configure them as a dual-seat setup. And do you expect me to keep using KDE SC 4 at work forever?

Comment

Working...
      X