• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnc View Post
    You're a really ignorant person.
    Why you call him ignorant? . I found his post very interesting in fact

Comment

• Originally posted by k1l_ View Post
      talking about ad hominem attacks: https://plus.google.com/115606635748...ts/WGv9BEL9gMS
      did you apologize yourself publicly for that, like you still demand that public apology from Mark Shuttleworth?

Does the KDE CoC state its ok to attack other Projects and People with sarcastic statements in public to badmouth it/him?
      are you telling me that Mark did not win the Big Brother Award? Do you also expect the Big Brother Austria Award organization to apologize for it? Do you also expect RMS to apologize for calling that feature spyware?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnc View Post
        That wasn't an ad hominem attack. I was just stating a fact. You're really ignorant of American politics, but you spoke like you think you know a thing or two.
        why didn't you write it like that? Of course I'm ignorant of American politics. What do you expect? The last days a photo from CNN made the round in Germany because they called the member of German parliament who met Snowden the "German foreign minister" and didn't get his name right. What I want to show with that: media might give you a wrong image from politics of another country. What I showed in that comment is what we get to hear from tea party here. It makes the media if there are comments like "rape cannot lead to pregnancy".

Comment

• Originally posted by k1l_ View Post
          talking about ad hominem attacks: https://plus.google.com/115606635748...ts/WGv9BEL9gMS
          did you apologize yourself publicly for that, like you still demand that public apology from Mark Shuttleworth?

Does the KDE CoC state its ok to attack other Projects and People with sarcastic statements in public to badmouth it/him?
          LOL. Why should he apologize for making a snarky congrats? ~ Mark Shuttleworth DID win Astria's Big Borther Award (in case you weren't aware); http://www.muktware.com/2013/10/ubun...er-award/15265

I don't see how Martin's comment is an Ad-hom attack - if anything, it was a very sarcastic congrats and pretty funny. ... And Ubuntu is spyware, so he deserved the congrats!

EDIT: ah, Martin beat me to the punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayrulez View Post
            Samsung is a Korean company...
            Slippy fingers. The same point still stands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
              In other words. What paid developer of open source software is going to work against the interests of the employer ? Would that make sense at all?
              Of course. Open source developers are well known to express their opinions regardless of the company's interests ever so often. There are countless examples of this and I have done so, often as well. If you pay attention to open source projects, you would be well aware of this already.

"And Canonical is not forcing anyone to support MIR, yet they are free to promote it."

Mark Shuttleworth is personally attacking maintainers of several project including systemd and KWin. This is hardly the right way to promote Mir.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
                are you telling me that Mark did not win the Big Brother Award? Do you also expect the Big Brother Austria Award organization to apologize for it? Do you also expect RMS to apologize for calling that feature spyware?
                this is your typical "i am right on the line what is still allowed" trash-arguments.

what if:
                you get a award for worst code in 2013. Mark would do the same sarcastic posting.
                the award would be fact, too.

but its not about the "fact" of that award. its about your behaviour. that is bad! while doing a big drama announcment stating:
                I used this week to reflect what happened 14 days ago and also the last half year in general and what I can do about it to not be affected like that.
                you do this sarcastic posting intending an ad hominem attack.

So the KDE CoC is not worth anything more than you say the Ubuntu CoC is. Or is this _again_ a double standard thing? If its against Canonical, its ok?

Comment

• What is it about Canonical that causes such a huge persecution complex in its fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by dee. View Post
                    What is it about Canonical that causes such a huge persecution complex in its fans?
                    that's a good question. I could show you identical comments from k1l on reddit in the r/linux and the r/ubuntu subreddit, here on Phoronix and on the German ubuntuusers forum. I kind of feel harassed by k1l.

Comment

• Originally posted by cynical View Post
                      Yeah that's just bizarre. Having used zypper for some time now it is easily the best solver/package manager there is atm. I always feel like I'm downgrading when I go back to apt-based systems.

I don't think the linux ecosystem will ever change, as long as someone thinks they can do something better we will have alternatives cropping up.
                      Egos and attitudes, simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                      X