X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they/them has entered the chat

Comment

Originally posted by ahrs View Post

Does this fix the longstanding issue of moving the mouse too fast can cause application stalls/crashes?
      If the Wayland compositor uses the new APIs to actually enlarge its connection buffer, yes.​

Originally posted by qarium View Post

LOL i had exactly this bug yesterday ... after short period of fast mouse movement the system crashed
      That's a different issue, probably in GPU drivers or other kernel / HW.

The issue above only results in one Wayland client getting disconnected, it doesn't affect the rest of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post

ah, of course. To me it happened without a mouse while running hello world in terminal.
        It happens frequently when there is CPU starvation, for instance, when a ninja piloted builds has an lto=auto phase, which SQUARES the number of CPU hungry process, and make your desktop feel like it is 40 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post
          That's a different issue, probably in GPU drivers or other kernel / HW.
          The issue above only results in one Wayland client getting disconnected, it doesn't affect the rest of the system.
          i had no such crash in many years... looks like fedora 40 beta with the newest wayland and gnome 46 stuff has some problems...

the problem is the reproduction of this bug yet i would not reproduce it.
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by aviallon View Post

It happens frequently when there is CPU starvation, for instance, when a ninja piloted builds has an lto=auto phase, which SQUARES the number of CPU hungry process, and make your desktop feel like it is 40 years old.
            i have a second gen ryzen 6 core, and since Linux switched to eevdf i can compile kernel with 12 threads at default nice level, and it's impossible to notice the compilation going on in normal web browsing use, even when some web pages are quite heavy nowadays and i have 30+ tabs open. So i would say something is wrong with your setup or user error (if you meant that you spawn 10^2= 100 cpu threads that each use 100% of a core on a 10 core machine, then that's user error)

Comment

Originally posted by SSJBurger View Post

Who hurt you
              People who abuse what little power they have for everyone's detriment hurt me.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

People who abuse what little power they have for everyone's detriment hurt me.
                So people should ask you before exercising their freedom so that your thin skin would not be hurt?

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

So people should ask you before exercising their freedom so that your thin skin would not be hurt?

​​​​​​
                  you're not making sense anymore, little troll.

There shouldn't be such a thing as "exercising freedom" in a professional setting, if you're working, you should behave professionally and not like a troglodyte.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

you're not making sense anymore, little troll.

There shouldn't be such a thing as "exercising freedom" in a professional setting, if you're working, you should behave professionally and not like a troglodyte.
                    Ooops! sorry about not caring about your touchy feelings and sensitive skin.

This is open source, not your "politically correct" and "professional" office environment. Do it or get lost ... or whine in the public forums if anybody cares.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

Ooops! sorry about not caring about your touchy feelings and sensitive skin.

This is open source, not your "politically correct" and "professional" office environment. Do it or get lost ... or whine in the public forums if anybody cares.
                      You do realize... that what i was complaining about originally was PC shit, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X