No announcement yet.

The Compositor Modules "COMO" To Build Wayland Compositors Have Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

romangg Why not start a Patreon or alternative funding method?
    If your project is valuable for the linux ecosystem I am sure you might find many supporters (incl. me.

Anyways thank you so much for your efforts, well done on this release and the article reads great!

P.S. I think COMO might benefit from a website, currently they is no central place with information on the project. If you need or want help in that you feel free to pm me.
    Last edited by Nuc!eoN; 08 March 2024, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
      romangg Why not start a Patreon or alternative funding method?
      If your project is valuable for the linux ecosystem I am sure you might find many supporters (incl. me.

Anyways thank you so much for your efforts, well done on this release and the article reads great!

P.S. I think COMO might benefit from a website, currently they is no central place with information on the project. If you need or want help in that you feel free to pm me.
      Thanks for the kind offer. Actually sponsoring my work is already possible through GitHub Sponsors: https://github.com/sponsors/romangg
      The advantage to Patreon is that 100% of sponsoring will be payed out.

A website would be a good idea for sure. I was thinking about it but I don't have the time for it right now. And to be honest that's also because I'm rather slow at building websites, so if you want to help me out with it, help is greatly appreciated of course. I have the domain winft.org, that I wanted to use for the projects, so have something like winft.org/project/como, winft.org/project/kdisplay, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
        Why not start a Patreon or alternative funding method?
        I'm in no way advocating for Roman not to set up patreon PayPal github sponsors and all else. Every way to get a bag is valid and I support it.

What I will say however, is that time and time again, unfortunately, it's been shown that making and maintaining a "project [that] is valuable for the linux ecosystem" is absolutely no guarantee of getting "a" bag, much less a fair bag.

BTW, thank you both, roman for the project and even nucleon for supporting maybe monetarily but also contributing web dev services.

Comment

Working...
        X