Vulkan Support Begins Landing For Wine's Wayland Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    Bullshit. Nobody cares about Fedora or RH-based distros.
    oh yeah? let's take a look into the past. where is it that:

systemd
    pipewire
    wayland
    pulseaudio
    flatpak

all made their start and cut their teeth from? fedora may be the single largest source of innovation and responsible more than any other company in pushing the linux desktop experience forward.

Must I remind you we still have distros without systemd as well? (and you can do that even in those with systemd, they just come with systemd by default, but "default" doesn't mean "the only" option, dummy)
    coming from the guy that says no one cares about fedora, might i point out that this is something that ACTUALLY no one cares about.

Comment

Originally posted by risho View Post

systemd
      pipewire
      wayland
      pulseaudio
      flatpak

all made their start and cut their teeth from? fedora may be the single largest source of innovation and responsible more than any other company in pushing the linux desktop experience forward.

coming from the guy that says no one cares about fedora, might i point out that this is something that ACTUALLY no one cares about.
      NixOS is a very nice source of innovations as well, albeit more on the system integration side of things.

Comment

It only took almost 10 years to see Wayland and Vulkan really take off. Better later than never.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
          2024 will be the year of Linux gaming
          It will always be "The Year Of Linux For [blank]" when next year comes around. Just look at the track record for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
            It only took almost 10 years to see Wayland and Vulkan really take off. Better later than never.
            i often wonder whether a "break all the eggs" approach wouldn't have driven the development to feature parity way faster.
            including properly fixing protocol issues ("Wayland Zombie Apocalypse") when barely anything outside of embedded systems used it.
            ​​​
            drag and drop still doesnt work in file-roller, and its completely flaky in other regards (in my exp. it works dragging/dropping on the same screen, but often not between screens).

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
              Bullshit. Nobody cares about Fedora or RH-based distros.

Must I remind you we still have distros without systemd as well? (and you can do that even in those with systemd, they just come with systemd by default, but "default" doesn't mean "the only" option, dummy)
              Yeah, right. Every serious distro chose the Fedora path. Nobody cares about not serious distros dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by quaz0r View Post
                2124 the year of the lunix desktop
                macos that failed on desktops changes name to lunix? Ok.

Comment

systemd
                  Not by default on some distros, but I'll give you that you won this one. Just one.

pipewire
                  Not on mine.
                  wayland
                  Not by default on most distros.
                  pulseaudio
                  Wasn't Ubuntu first to push this?
                  flatpak
                  Not even installed here. And neither on the most popular distro (Ubuntu). Get fucked.

Coming from the guy who got 4 out of 5 wrong, that sure means a lot indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
                    Yeah, right. Every serious distro chose the Fedora path. Nobody cares about not serious distros dummy.
                    Nah, only toy distros did. Actual serious ones didn't. Except for systemd as said.

Comment

This makes the link between Wayland and Vulkan stronger delineating the immediate future of Linux Oses' graphical and system stack: Explicit sync+Wayalnd+Vulkan. Opengl and X11 represent the end of an age. As it has to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X