• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    LOL they do have a *LINUX* driver.
    it is recompiled windows driver

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      ?????
      i said that if there is less than one developer is available to open closed vulkan, then it is less than one developer available to join radv

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        it is recompiled windows driver
        Doesn't matter, my point still stands: the issue is the legal review.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Right... we knew at the start that any IP/Legal review would fail dramatically (and it did)... the work involved rewriting big chunks of the driver, and the driver itself is already much larger because it shares code across multiple OSes and multiple APIs.
          Sorry, I probably missed that, can anyone tell, or link a discussion, about why Vulkan driver wasn't open sourced yet?

Comment

airlied, BNieuwenhuizen I've understood what you are using NIR for inter-stage optimization in your RADV vulkan implementantion. Would it be possible to also use NIR when OpenGL API is used ? Somethink like NIR->LLVM ?

Would that provide speed benefits or at least some of the code reuse the one from intel's ?

Comment

i said that if there is less than one developer is available to open closed vulkan, then it is less than one developer available to join radv
              Yeah, that's why the question marks.

Why would you think "less than one developer" ? Most recent estimate was 8 developers for a year to open it up, although (a) we're looking for ways to reduce or at least break up the work, and (b) some of that work has been done now.
              Test signature

Comment

Most recent estimate was 8 developers for a year to open it up
                so it is one developer for 8 years or half of developer for 16 years

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  Doesn't matter, my point still stands: the issue is the legal review.
                  bridgman already told you are off by 8 man-years

Comment

bridgman already told you are off by 8 man-years
                    I told that it was easier to write a new Vulkan driver from scratch (using the existing OpenGL infrastructure of course) than opening the blob: thanks to RADVD this is under everyone's eyes. So what are you trying to say? I really don't understand your point.
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
                      Sorry, I probably missed that, can anyone tell, or link a discussion, about why Vulkan driver wasn't open sourced yet?
                      The answer you are looking for is in the post you already quoted: The legal review has not allowed AMD to open it up yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X