Vulkan 1.1.104 Brings Native HDR, Exclusive Fullscreen Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artivision View Post

Good day, i could test if goes to Mesa-Git.
    We need testing _before_ Bas can commit it to Mesa git...
    So, please fetch Bas' patch (set) and place it on top of Mesa git.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Please post it to mesa git so that is available via Oibaf ppa and Padoka ppa. It is difficult to compile whole mesa and waste of time.
      Did you even read the above thread? It can't be posted to Mesa git until it's tested enough. It's not difficult to configure and build Mesa if you know where to look for examples. Take existing configuration like Debian build for instance (from experimental to use Meson).

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        … monitor that will be forcing 144 Hz all the time causing games to be out of sync.
        …
        should it not be possible to run 144Hz capable free sync display at a forced, fixed 60Hz or so refresh rate?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          Please post it to mesa git so that is available via Oibaf ppa and Padoka ppa. It is difficult to compile whole mesa and waste of time.
          It's very easy on Arch, and Git requires to stay away form merging everything experimental into master.

I unfortunately don't own a FreeSync display.

Comment

Originally posted by BNieuwenhuizen View Post

I ported whatever radeonsi does to radv in this patch: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/bnieu...mmits/freesync

However, I've had someone tell me that it does not work for him, and lacking a freesync monitor (or any good testing plan really) I haven't spend a lot of effort on finding the issue. You're welcome to try, a second test result is always welcome (but before you report, please make sure freesync works with radeonsi on your setup so we can isolate issues)
            No time to build my self. If you have time for an Opensuse Tumbleweed community repository registered here:

Then i will test for you.

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post

should it not be possible to run 144Hz capable free sync display at a forced, fixed 60Hz or so refresh rate?
              I suppose, if they have such preset. I haven't really researched many of them yet.

Comment

I suppose, if they have such preset. I haven't really researched many of them yet.
                why would the monitor need a specific preset for that? just configure 60Hz in xrandr (or "Windows" or whatever) and go with it, ..!?

Comment

why would the monitor need a specific preset for that? just configure 60Hz in xrandr (or "Windows" or whatever) and go with it, ..!?
                  Monitor has to support it first. Why do you assume all do? I'll do some research on this. Here is one interesting FreeSync option that also supports LFC:

Comment

Monitor has to support it first. Why do you assume all do? I'll do some research on this. Here is one interesting FreeSync option that also supports LFC:
                    https://www.nixeus.com/nx-edg27
                    Because I expects a display to support anything between 40 to 144 to also display a fixed 60Hz, can no the that difficult, for backward compatibility, can it?

Comment

Because I expects a display to support anything between 40 to 144 to also display a fixed 60Hz, can no the that difficult, for backward compatibility, can it?
                      I hope they can. But I wouldn't guess without confirming for any particular model.

Comment

Working...
                      X