X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shmerl
    replied
    Originally posted by rene View Post

You make such a drama out of that, chances should be 0 that a free sync display does not sync on a old fashioned standard fixed signal frequency. You plug in last years cheap PC and it must just work. @60Hz. period.
    Better to make a drama, than to buy something without checking, making blind assumptions and then find out it doesn't work It's all good and cool, until you hit a problem like that.

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied
    Originally posted by shmerl View Post

I hope they can. But I wouldn't guess without confirming for any particular model.
    You make such a drama out of that, chances should be 0 that a free sync display does not sync on a old fashioned standard fixed signal frequency. You plug in last years cheap PC and it must just work. @60Hz. period.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied

Because I expects a display to support anything between 40 to 144 to also display a fixed 60Hz, can no the that difficult, for backward compatibility, can it?
    I hope they can. But I wouldn't guess without confirming for any particular model.

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied

Monitor has to support it first. Why do you assume all do? I'll do some research on this. Here is one interesting FreeSync option that also supports LFC:
    https://www.nixeus.com/nx-edg27
    Because I expects a display to support anything between 40 to 144 to also display a fixed 60Hz, can no the that difficult, for backward compatibility, can it?

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied

why would the monitor need a specific preset for that? just configure 60Hz in xrandr (or "Windows" or whatever) and go with it, ..!?
    Monitor has to support it first. Why do you assume all do? I'll do some research on this. Here is one interesting FreeSync option that also supports LFC:

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied

I suppose, if they have such preset. I haven't really researched many of them yet.
    why would the monitor need a specific preset for that? just configure 60Hz in xrandr (or "Windows" or whatever) and go with it, ..!?

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied

should it not be possible to run 144Hz capable free sync display at a forced, fixed 60Hz or so refresh rate?
    I suppose, if they have such preset. I haven't really researched many of them yet.

Leave a comment:

• artivision
    replied
    Originally posted by BNieuwenhuizen View Post

I ported whatever radeonsi does to radv in this patch: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/bnieu...mmits/freesync

However, I've had someone tell me that it does not work for him, and lacking a freesync monitor (or any good testing plan really) I haven't spend a lot of effort on finding the issue. You're welcome to try, a second test result is always welcome (but before you report, please make sure freesync works with radeonsi on your setup so we can isolate issues)
    No time to build my self. If you have time for an Opensuse Tumbleweed community repository registered here:

Then i will test for you.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Please post it to mesa git so that is available via Oibaf ppa and Padoka ppa. It is difficult to compile whole mesa and waste of time.
    It's very easy on Arch, and Git requires to stay away form merging everything experimental into master.

I unfortunately don't own a FreeSync display.

Leave a comment:

• rene
    replied
    … monitor that will be forcing 144 Hz all the time causing games to be out of sync.
    should it not be possible to run 144Hz capable free sync display at a forced, fixed 60Hz or so refresh rate?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X