No announcement yet.

OpenGL 4.3 Support Lands In R600 Gallium3D Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to make a Vulkan driver for these cards?

Comment

Hmm ... Damn no HD6000 Card available to test ... but if i'm look right everything is green on ES 3.1 ... so why is the "GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility" not green ?

Dukenukemx maybe should be possible ES3..1 Compatible and OpenGL 4.3 (For TeraScale 3 architecture...)
      Last edited by Ground0; 18 December 2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Show Mesa progress for the OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Vulkan and OpenCL drivers implementations into an easy to read HTML page.

r600 has most of what it needs for 4.5. Hopefully, someone knowledgeable can comment how much work needs to be done to achieve it, or whether it's feasible to force 4.5 advertisement once 4.4 is supported.
        Dave is working on hardware stuff as much as he can and than fp64 will bring the 'remainder'.
        4,5 (4.6 not with Win ;-) is software 'emulated' even on windows on these hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground0 View Post
          Hmm ... Damn no HD6000 Card available to test ... but if i'm look right everything is green on ES 3.1 ... so why is the "GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility" not green ?

Dukenukemx maybe should be possible ES3..1 Compatible and OpenGL 4.3 (For TeraScale 3 architecture...)
          Only some piglit runs missing and/or Dave have forgotten to send the right patch.
          Maybe Gert or I will prepare a patch for it.

Comment

Originally posted by gerddie View Post
            Well, Alien Isolation and Tomb Raider now work nicely on my 6870 on normal settings (obviously with MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.3), but with TR one should disable tesselation, because it kills performance.
            Gert has a patch set for tess speed up floating around on Mesa-devel.
            'r600: speed up tesselat...'

Comment

A really nice news to read. While It will not matter from the gaming side (Because only HD 5000 e 6000 supports GL 4.4) it matters more for the open softwares. I recently discovered FreeCAD, I don't think it would have been possible 4 years ago to have such a good CAD software on Linux, without good GPU drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post
                A really nice news to read. While It will not matter from the gaming side (Because only HD 5000 e 6000 supports GL 4.4) it matters more for the open softwares. I recently discovered FreeCAD, I don't think it would have been possible 4 years ago to have such a good CAD software on Linux, without good GPU drivers.
                Great application. www.freecadweb.org
                I use it for several years with r600/radeonsi as testing/benchmark app.
                Sadly, one of their forum admins and GREAT tutorial author died in September. Rest in Peace, Roland!

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
                  GREAT work, Dave and Gert!
                  Thanks for the honourable mentioning, but in the end it's Dave's work, all I did was running some piglits and fix a bug or two.

Gert has a patch set for tess speed up floating around on Mesa-devel.
                  'r600: speed up tesselat...'
                  I didn't try it on Tomb Raider, but it gave me only 10% on Tessmark and 20% on Unigine Heaven, not enough to make a difference here. Let's see if sb can be made to work with tesselation shaders ...

Comment

Great application. www.freecadweb.org
                    I use it for several years with r600/radeonsi as testing/benchmark app.
                    Sadly, one of their forum admins and GREAT tutorial author died in September. Rest in Peace, Roland!
                    Rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by gerddie View Post

Thanks for the honourable mentioning, but in the end it's Dave's work, all I did was running some piglits and fix a bug or two.
                      Brave man...;-)

I didn't try it on Tomb Raider, but it gave me only 10% on Tessmark and 20% on Unigine Heaven, not enough to make a difference here. Let's see if sb can be made to work with tesselation shaders ...
                      We definitly need some tesselation speed up work, even on radeonsi (Polaris). Maybe Marek has some ideas, left. UH drops from 70-80 fps down to ~60 fps at the beginning (the stones on the floor) @1920x1080 on my system. If I have some time over Christmas I'll swap my 6670/Turks XT back in and try _your_ reg scheduler work and close hopefully some bugs in the tracker.

Comment

Working...
                      X