Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Great application. www.freecadweb.org
    I use it for several years with r600/radeonsi as testing/benchmark app.
    Sadly, one of their forum admins and GREAT tutorial author died in September. Rest in Peace, Roland!
    Addendum
    To put your FreeCAD work into the 'right light' (with GPU on AMD, Intel and Nvidia) use this: Photo-realistic rendering of FreeCAD models with CADRays

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21339

The used renderer was CADRAYS (OpenCASCADE) https://www.opencascade.com/content/cadrays

@Michael: Wouldn't it be nice to have some benchmarks with it?

Comment

Originally posted by gerddie View Post
      Well, Alien Isolation and Tomb Raider now work nicely on my 6870
      I wonder what I'm doing wrong on my HD 6950: Updated the driver, checked OpenGL version:

Code:
      $ glxinfo | grep OpenGL | grep version | grep core
      OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.4.0-devel (git-b3e3cb9901)
      OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.30
      Removed the contents of ~/.cache/mesa and ~/.cache/mesa_shader_cache and the result is:

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

Only some piglit runs missing and/or Dave have forgotten to send the right patch.
        Maybe Gert or I will prepare a patch for it.
        FIXED in Mesa git:

Comment

Originally posted by V10lator View Post
          No ideas?
          Code:
          ./piglit run tests/all -t compute_shader results/compute_shader
          fails for:
          Code:
          spec@arb_compute_shader@execution@multiple-texture-reading
          spec@arb_compute_shader@indirect-compute
          spec@arb_compute_shader@zero-dispatch-size
          on:
          Code:
          $ glxinfo | grep git
          OpenGL core profile version string: 4.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.4.0-devel (git-2670ebb584)
          OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 17.4.0-devel (git-2670ebb584)
          OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 17.4.0-devel (git-2670ebb584)
          airlied gerddie I really don't want to annoy you but it would be great to know if these are known problems.

Comment

Originally posted by V10lator View Post

airlied gerddie I really don't want to annoy you but it would be great to know if these are known problems.
            I don't have a cayman, only barts, and AFAIR there in the end all the piglits were passing.

AI runs (mostly) fine - I have to force enable 4.3 and at some point sb is doing something strange to the shader so that I get lockups (but R600_DBUB=nosb) fixes this (bug reported), and some pieces have visual artifacts - like the radios change shape depending on the viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by gerddie View Post

I don't have a cayman, only barts, and AFAIR there in the end all the piglits were passing.
              Thanks for your reply. In the meantime I opened a bug report: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104770

Tried nosb but it didn't help here. HyperZ is disabled by default cause of various other issues.

Comment

Working...
              X