No announcement yet.

Chrome Rendering Pipeline Improvements For Better Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if all of this gets ported to the newer color correct rendering pipeline, as the conversions in between colorspaces are performed in higher bit depth to avoid quantization noise, it will be hard to support all of this with GPU acceleration if you don't want to copy the buffers back to main memory, convert and copy back..

Comment

It's funny..all the problems I have with FF are not present in Palemoon once it is properly set up.

If Moonchild can turn the old FF into a better browser with his limited resources it really brings to light how much of an utter failure and disappointment FF really is.

I knew FF getting into bed with Chrome was a bad idea. If you like FF then use Palemoon, and throw some support there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
        All you guys bitching about Firefox seem to forget that Google has more money than God and can spend a metric crap ton on Chrome seeing as how they look at the browser AS the OS. It's JOB #1

JOB #2 is to make sure that YOU don't have as may extensions as Firefox does to KEEP GOOGLE FROM COMPLETELY SPYING ON YOU every time you click on Chrome because you are such an impatient little child.

On my Firefox 51.0.1 I have:

Disconnect
        Blu Hell Firewall
        Google Disconnect
        Twitter Disconnect
        Facebook Disconnect
        Webmail Disconnect
        Better Privacy
        Self Destructing Cookies
        Facebook Purity
        Decentraleyes

I am not tracked. I NEVER see ONE....SINGLE....AD. I don't have pop ups, pop downs, etc. NOTHING ! Any where I go. E..V..E..R.

Try that with Chrome.

You think so? These *disconnect* addons do the opposite, they data mine you and then sell your data. Be careful what addons you install.

There's ungoogled version of Chrome, freedom wise it is comparable to vanilla Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post

You think so? These *disconnect* addons do the opposite, they data mine you and then sell your data. Be careful what addons you install.

There's ungoogled version of Chrome, freedom wise it is comparable to vanilla Firefox.
          Even Adblock nowadays shows AD (you can opt-out)...
          However I have the impression that using firefox still more easy to hide some configurations than in chrome
          A handy add-on that I have been using on firefox is RAS (https://github.com/dillbyrne/random-agent-spoofer) and the usual suspects (ublock, umatrix, noscript). The RAS addon beyond of spoofing the user agent can block/hide lots of things (fonts, resolution, disable plugins)

Comment

Lynx FTW!

Comment

Can someone with G+ profile tell them in blogpost comments that it's 2017 already, so there can not be any excuses to doesn't make hardware video decoding works on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                Can someone with G+ profile tell them in blogpost comments that it's 2017 already, so there can not be any excuses to doesn't make hardware video decoding works on Linux.
                Someone has already, this is the answer from Chris Harrelson:
                "Most of the optimizations described here already apply to Linux. The one that does not yet is GPU-accelerated rasterization. That feature is tricky because it requires checking for correctness of GPU drivers on many platform/hardware combinations."

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
                  All you guys bitching about Firefox seem to forget that Google has more money than God and can spend a metric crap ton on Chrome seeing as how they look at the browser AS the OS. It's JOB #1

JOB #2 is to make sure that YOU don't have as may extensions as Firefox does to KEEP GOOGLE FROM COMPLETELY SPYING ON YOU every time you click on Chrome because you are such an impatient little child.

On my Firefox 51.0.1 I have:

Disconnect
                  Blu Hell Firewall
                  Google Disconnect
                  Twitter Disconnect
                  Facebook Disconnect
                  Webmail Disconnect
                  Better Privacy
                  Self Destructing Cookies
                  Facebook Purity
                  Decentraleyes

I am not tracked. I NEVER see ONE....SINGLE....AD. I don't have pop ups, pop downs, etc. NOTHING ! Any where I go. E..V..E..R.

Try that with Chrome.

With a umatrix setup to block everything by default, you won't see much either in chromium

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                    Someone has already, this is the answer from Chris Harrelson:
                    Nope, I talking about VA-API video decoding. They even not implemented support of anything besides Intel GPUs, so even patched Chrome can't decode video on AMD-based laptop or tablet. Could you ask about this please?
                    Also, about many platform/hardware combinations - they could limit supported Mesa version to, let's say, 12 - and then keep it enabled on beta channel until recieved bugreports get resolved (on Chromium side or on Mesa side).

This can be done. Problem is - they don't bother. This is what I talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                      Nope, I talking about VA-API video decoding. They even not implemented support of anything besides Intel GPUs, so even patched Chrome can't decode video on AMD-based laptop or tablet. Could you ask about this please?
                      That's not true, I'm watching videos with a Chromium-vaapi from AUR on Radeon HD5730, works fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X