Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Mesa Fix Lands To Take Care Of The R9 290 Issue, Intel/Radeon Performance Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dungeon
    replied
    OK, 12.0.2 release is still borked against 3.9 llvm... and master was weird somewhere in the near past

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    OK, that is for Talos and Serious Sam, now to find another...

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    As i did not checked stack in 2 weeks and now my llvm 3.9 bug suddenly seems fixed by mesa somewhere
    Gotcha Marek:

May ass is harmless too, but sometimes can make big shit

Leave a comment:

• haagch
    replied
    Originally posted by juno View Post
    sorry for OT, but how do you record your videos? OBS?
    misc scripts. Contribute to ChristophHaag/scripts development by creating an account on GitHub.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Well i must say something recently changed in mesa that fixed slowness, so possibly something unrelated might get fixed that Hawaii and Bonaire slowness too

As i did not checked stack in 2 weeks and now my llvm 3.9 bug suddenly seems fixed by mesa somewhere

Leave a comment:

• MrCooper
    replied
    As I wrote in the bug report about the R9 290 performance issues, I'm afraid these changes may not help for the bad performance in PTS, because AFAIK it always sets vblank_mode=0, in which case my changes have no significant effect.

Can somebody who could reproduce the performance issues with PTS please check if they're still there with these changes, and update the bug report? If the problem is still there, bonus points for bisecting the kernel change where it started.

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Originally posted by haagch View Post
    I don't know what is going on with csgo. It feels like it's getting worse. Maybe it is, the longer and the more often you record with vce? https://youtu.be/r71lWZN9AIU
    Still won't go over 60% GPU load. Look at those buffer wait times. Quality settings and resolution has almost no impact on performance.
    sorry for OT, but how do you record your videos? OBS?

Leave a comment:

• haagch
    replied
    I don't know what is going on with csgo. It feels like it's getting worse. Maybe it is, the longer and the more often you record with vce? https://youtu.be/r71lWZN9AIU
    Still won't go over 60% GPU load. Look at those buffer wait times. Quality settings and resolution has almost no impact on performance.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Who knows, maybe even haagch as he complain about CS:GO down to zero often, has prob with that smoke

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    And here again old very old Kaveri elephant in the room smoke

Leave a comment:

Working...
X