Mesa 12.0 Released With OpenGL 4.3 Support, Intel Vulkan & Many Other Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomsymbol
    Does Vulkan work on a Bay Trail CPU? It has a tiny IvyBridge-like GPU.
    It should work, all the OpenGL features that are implemented for Ivy work on Baytrail too (there's even a feature or two on Baytrail that's not on Ivy!), I don't see why this would be different with Vulkan. Keep in mind though that the Vulkan support is still incomplete for all of gen7, including Haswell.

@Mystro256: The Baytrail CPU and GPU are both very much supported. What gives some people grief is Baytrail's output engine, that one has flaky support in Linux for some reason. I'm one of the lucky ones, my Baytrail netbook (sporting a Celeron N2806) works great, the internal eDP panel as well as the VGA and HDMI outputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystro256 View Post

Did you read the article? From your user name, I'm guessing no.

Basically two major changes:
      -mainline vulkan support
      -opengl 4.3 and gles 3.1 for Broadwell and newer iGPU's

plus various fixes

Haswell and older are still 3.3 for now but they're working on it.
      4.5 will likely be coming for the September mesa release.

Edit: If you're talking about regressions, that's a good question, i would like to know that too.
      He was being sarcastic, talking about the i915 igp that used to ship in pentium4 systems. He was referring to the actual chipset. Obviously that chipset has been fully functional for a long time, so he was just trolling.

Comment

Hmm why does my Kaveri laptop still claim OpenGL 4.1? LLVM 3.8.0, kernel 4.6.3, fedora 24...

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
          Hmm why does my Kaveri laptop still claim OpenGL 4.1? LLVM 3.8.0, kernel 4.6.3, fedora 24...
          That is because you need llvm-git (3.9) for OpenGL 4.3.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

He was being sarcastic, talking about the i915 igp that used to ship in pentium4 systems. He was referring to the actual chipset. Obviously that chipset has been fully functional for a long time, so he was just trolling.
            No, I mean i915 is the kernel driver that is used for my Intel HD 5500 on my T450 (broadwell).

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post

No, I mean i915 is the kernel driver that is used for my Intel HD 5500 on my T450 (broadwell).
              oh, well, ooops...

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

oh, well, ooops...
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Come on. Nobody likes bunnies?

Comment

I'm hoping that video makes more sense with sound...
                    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                      I guess I'll wait til the Gentoo devs declare this or a following bugfix release as stable. But having chances of OpenGL support 4.5 around september sound really promising. Would be more up to par with the blob(s) and also make full use of the HW's capabilities.
                      mesa 12.0.1 is now available in Gentoo.
                      No Vulkan yet, though. We are still figuring out how to best integrate this.
                      Also Polaris support needs newer libdrm, xf86-video-amdgpu, llvm than what is currently released by upstreams.

Comment

Working...
                      X