Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full-screen quad mapping bug?

Hi,

Usually bloom is a post-process rendered to a full-screen quad but you'd need to see the game's source code to be sure (is this it? http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xono...ository_Access). It looks like the mapping could be wrong in the open driver or it could be a bug in the game's source. Usually the approach is you render off-screen to a texture that's bounded to a framebuffer object, then you assign it to a full-screen quad and blend it on top of the rendered screen before calling swap via GLX/EGL/whatever. Now the gallium driver might be getting confused with UV co-ordinates and isn't placing the texture in the right spot (it looks offset, perhaps it is expecting a signed value and the UVs 0.0f,0.0f could correspond to the middle (with a UV range of -0.5f,0.5f) while the catalyst driver has 0.5f,0.5f as the middle (with a UV range of 0.0f,1.0f), something like that as a guess, or it's a shader bug.

I can't view the source to be sure, is there a web portal to view it without downloading the whole thing?

-MistaED

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
      Hey Q,

I don't know if smitty is a "hardcore fundamentalist", but I agree with his preceding statement.
      Just for the record, i'm not a fundamentalist. Nor am i a fascist, and I find it rather insulting to be called one.

However, it's clear Q is just trolling. We should ignore his antics.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        for you and your fascist buddys its not irony and not funny and your mental racism clan want do burn other ideas with fire!
        Seriously, Q, calling people racist fascists hasn't been cool since grade school. Stop with the personal attacks.

Forum rules state: "By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

I consider your recent posts very hateful, and i honestly can't even tell if you mean them that way or if this is supposed to be more irony (actually it would be sarcasm).
        Last edited by smitty3268; 15 February 2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Guys, let's just save our brain cells and ignore that numbskull. He is not worth the effort of even typing out a reply on the keyboard / smartphone / tablet / <insert Internet-capable device>.

Back on the topic, does anyone get the feeling that the renders from the open drivers look as though they were captured behind a pane of black-tinted glass that has been glazed with a layer of Vaseline at certain areas? Not to mention that you can also make out some obvious 'jagginess' in the open driver renders that are clearly not present in the binary driver renders.

Probably the most jarring difference is how the bulletholes and pockmarks in the floors and walls clearly appear watered-down and nauseating compared to those in the proprietary binary driver.

At least, at this point of time, the open drivers are still behind AMD's own binary drivers, but if anything, it is of some consolation that the gap between them has been narrowed considerably. And anyway, most of us only need them open drivers to be good enough for Wayland, Compiz, and hardware accelerating that handful of 3D games at speeds above 30fps, no? If that's the case, the open drivers are already good enough for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            you fail to make a difference between a insult "personal attack" and a ''''statement of fact''''

A Mental Nazi or Mental Racist or Mental Fascist think he has the only True 'thinking' and he can speak for ALL people in the world and because of this he think he can use his words as a absolute truth-utterances Weapon !

i only point out this FACT! no one can say that ALL people can't read a Ironic point in a Ironic market sentence only because he think or his buddies think its not ironic.

and this is the biggest "Irony" you really think you are "Right" but not only Right you think you have the absolute holy truth for ALL HUMANS but this only prove me right and because of this my writing is a ''''statement of fact'''' and this is protected by the Freedom of Speech !
            And I dare say i speak for AT LEAST 50% of the active forumers here when I call you an idiot of the highest level and that you have completely ZERO 'facts' to back your claim.

Oh, and one last thing: I am an intern in media law, with particular focus on defamation and libel. And might I so casually point out that Brigman CAN bring a defamation case against you, complete with a very, very high chance of winning it.

*hits the /ignore button*
            Last edited by Sonadow; 15 February 2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

There's another thread to discuss Qaridarium (http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...3-Ban-Qaridium). This one is about the image quality of the various AMD drivers.

Comment

Sigh...

Q, using the cellular modem doesn't cost any more than using the dial-up as long as I stay within the per-month data allocation. You know all this...
                Last edited by bridgman; 15 February 2012, 09:33 PM.
                Test signature

Comment

And you certainly know that you can use usb or wifi tethering with an android phone? via usb you just connect the cable and you are online (in the usual case when network-manager is active) - also you get power, so battery should not run out.

Comment

I was thinking about trying that, but I haven't yet found a phone that can hold a reliable connection in the house. With the cellular modem I can plug in an external antenna and get a decent connection.

The cell phone idea would have been good on the last hunting trip though... would have been a lot easier to haul a cell phone up into a tree (to get reception) than hauling up the cell modem plus a 50' extension cord going to an inverter in the truck
                    Test signature

Comment

No, up to 3GB is included in the base monthly price.

I didn't understand the rest of your post. It seems to be based on putting unrelated statements together in the hope that people will think there is a connection.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X