Image Quality Comparison: Radeon Gallium3D vs. Catalyst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    really? why it is so hart to pass all tests ?
    Why don't you go and write your magical, bug-free driver then come back and tell us how hard it was? Have you ever actually *written* any code?

Comment

really? why it is so hart to pass all tests ?
      The standard is so large, many tests don't even have a full definition of what it is to be correct. Lots of corner cases don't get fully defined, just like in the HTML standards.

Comment

Just to clarify, I'm not in any way against open-source drivers, and didn't meant to imply that in my post. I was just pointing out what I perceived to be a rendering issue. I did respond to Q's free-vs-closed rant, but for some reason, the forum software ate it and sent it for moderation rather than immediate posting.

To cut a long story short: I'm using r600g right now. I wouldn't do that if I didn't think the open-source driver effort was worthwhile.

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAYMAN
        OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0

Comment

Originally posted by mangobrain View Post
          Just to clarify, I'm not in any way against open-source drivers, and didn't meant to imply that in my post. I was just pointing out what I perceived to be a rendering issue. I did respond to Q's free-vs-closed rant, but for some reason, the forum software ate it and sent it for moderation rather than immediate posting.

To cut a long story short: I'm using r600g right now. I wouldn't do that if I didn't think the open-source driver effort was worthwhile.

OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAYMAN
          OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 8.0
          Hmm, shouldn't Cayman be compatible with OGL3, if you're running mesa 8?
          As for the compatibility problems, my understanding is that this is a problem with the Khronos group. That is, they aren't prproviding reference implementations to test against, or suites with which to test the entire API. Apparently, D3D has such tests, thus it is much easier to determine correctness.

As for why this work hasn't been done for OGL...?

Comment

and i think MESA is the reference implementations of the Khronos group
            I think you're wrong, and as proof i offer the observation that Mesa just got GL 3 support, and is no where close to having GL4.

Comment

just a knowledge update for you: the basic ironic is the direct opposite of the truth.
              but you think ironic do have a magic secret point of joke.
              no in fact ironic is not a secret point of joke.
              that doesn't even make sense, dude. LOL.... you should do us all a favor and just cut and paste web-dictionary definitions, as your definitions seem like they are being pounded out, on a keyboard by a retarded drunken monkey impersonating a caveman, but only after receiving severe permanent brain-damage. LOL. SERIOUSLY!

Irony:

the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning. example: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

Ironic:

Happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this... (let's compare)

the basic ironic is the direct opposite of the truth
              WTF?! ....retarded monkey talk. ~ ironic is an adjective and not a noun. therefore, your sentence makes absolutely NO sense. furthermore, your definition doesn't even explain what irony is.

but you think ironic do have a magic secret point of joke
              ...more incoherent retarded drunk monkey talk.

here, let me try;

Me no understood. where does 'magic secret point of joke' meant? Why did you mean by there?!? duh duh duh - did i do it right???

just for the record people have different taste of what is a joke.

i for example i LOLz over loud about your "Serious" response and this prove : yes my joke work! LOL!..
              nah, from an outside perspective - you seem like an Imbosil.

and i think MESA is the reference implementations of the Khronos group
              yup, retarded for sure.
              Last edited by ninez; 13 February 2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

For those of you that have missed it, Qar is a pro troll. If I ran a site like this, I would hire one or two of them to pad the forum for additional click revenue.

Being a pro troll is easy. You simply say something completely intangible and crazy. Here's an example:

"While John Bridgman is an open source developer, his defence of the closed source catalyst binaries makes him an Uncle-Tom in the eyes of many FOSS advocates"

It's untrue, ambiguous, personal, almost looks like it makes sense, and I could write page after page of nonsense defending it. Ultimately, it is meaningless and exists only to create a post-storm of bullshit melodrama. I created a "them" and an "us" to devide participants into two groups, mixed in a racial metaphor to get one of the groups mad, and did it all in a single sentence that pretends to make sense. The only downfall is that the spelling and grammer (while not totally correct) is way too good, so I cannot play the "you misunderstood me" card later in an effort to keep the argument going.

JB, nothing personal, this was just a demonstration on how someone would go about trolling the forum. You're not an uncle tom, mainly because it's impossible as we don't have slavery any more. Secondly because IP isn't actual "property". Thirdly, because it makes no sense whatsoever and you're white.... It's complete rubish and I feel bad for writing it, even if it is only to show people how to troll.

Comment

Meh. When I saw the number of posts I was hoping for some interesting insights/discussions about image quality from people who know something about this.

Comment

just a knowledge update for you: the basic ironic is the direct opposite of the truth.
                    Oh, and no. The direct opposite of the truth is called a "lie". Irony is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                      Oh, and no. The direct opposite of the truth is called a "lie". Irony is something else.
                      It's like ray-eee-ayne....... On your wedding day...... If you're a meteorologist.

Comment

Working...
                      X