No announcement yet.

Updated and Optimized Ubuntu Free Graphics Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, on my 7660G + 7670M dual graphics laptop (with Ubuntu 13.10 + kernel 3.12 daily), I seem to have color banding. It's mostly noticeable when I open up the dash on Ubuntu.

Any ideas as what I could do to fix it? The banding doesn't exist on fglrx.

Comment

• Originally posted by fritzls View Post
      LAtest oibaf updates ( ones today)..

Still;

"...
      [ 11.907] (II) intel(0): SNA compiled: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.905+git1311050907.a0d1de~gd~s (Oibaf <[email protected]>)

..."

"...
      [ 18.768] (EE) AIGLX error: i965 exports no extensions (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so: undefined symbol: __driDriverExtensions)
      [ 18.769] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
      ..."
      Did anyone get this errors resolved? I tried the packages for 13.04 (raring) which were build on 15. Nov. and still get this errors.
      My processor is a Haswell i5-4200U.

Should this work or is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks.
      bajo

Comment

• You need to use saucy. raring PPA is missing the updated xserver, it has a lot of other packages due to libwayland transition and raring will end support on january anyway, so I'll also drop it soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
          You need to use saucy. raring PPA is missing the updated xserver, it has a lot of other packages due to libwayland transition and raring will end support on january anyway, so I'll also drop it soon.
          @oibaf: Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately I can not upgrade higher than 13.04 for now, as i have to use ROS which does not provide packages for 13.10 yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
            Adobe flash does not make use of any hardware accelerated APIs by default. You can force flash to use VDPAU in some cases, but your chips does not have the necessary hardware to accelerate it.
            let's say that chips have this hardware. How to enable it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Annik View Post
              let's say that chips have this hardware. How to enable it?
              IIRC, if you have vdpau driver support, edit /etc/adobe/mms.cfg and add

OverrideGPUValidation=1
              EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1

Comment

• @oibaf

I have an Lenovo T420 (Sandy Bridge HD 3000) Notebook.
                If i get the news on Phoronix correctly my notebook should show Opengl 3.3 or at least Opengl 3.2 Profile.
                But i only get one Opengl 3.1 Profile and below that an Opengl 3.0 Profile Output.

Im just using your ppa, no others. Where is the error (or is that as desired?)

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Presidente View Post
                  @oibaf

I have an Lenovo T420 (Sandy Bridge HD 3000) Notebook.
                  If i get the news on Phoronix correctly my notebook should show Opengl 3.3 or at least Opengl 3.2 Profile.
                  But i only get one Opengl 3.1 Profile and below that an Opengl 3.0 Profile Output.

Im just using your ppa, no others. Where is the error (or is that as desired?)
                  This is probably because you are using the raring packages. I deleted them, now the only supported version is 13.10 saucy. Better to have only one supported version than supporting older buggy packages which I don't have time to test and maintain.

Comment

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    This is probably because you are using the raring packages. I deleted them, now the only supported version is 13.10 saucy. Better to have only one supported version than supporting older buggy packages which I don't have time to test and maintain.
                    well im running saucy (13.10)
                    shall i purge your repo and install again?

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Presidente View Post
                      well im running saucy (13.10)
                      shall i purge your repo and install again?
                      Which xorg server are you running?
                      Code:
                      dpkg -l | grep xserver-xorg-core

Comment

Working...
                      X