Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eitch
    replied
    After upgrading to 24.x i've been having core dumps and segfaults in Steam and other apps. And i wasn't able to see libglx info, it was said something about not finding the driver and some variables. Does anyone else know of this? Are there some packages missing, which haven't been updated yet?

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Entropy512 View Post

[ATTACH]n1417407[/ATTACH]

Yup, that IS much cleaner, thanks for the pointer. I also tweaked it to have a WSL_ARCHS define similar to how RUSTICL_ARCHS is used when the arch list is referenced multiple times
    Thanks, it looks good (edit: maybe just add a space after the comment at
    Code:
    #Copy spirv2dxil...
    ), I applied it to the PPA, building now. It would be nice if you could also submit it to Debian (my packages are based on the official Ubuntu ones, which are themselves based on the Debian ones), so that:
    • standard Debian / Ubuntu users could also benefit from it;
    • could eventually get some improvements from Debian / Ubuntu packagers;
    • it would ease to manage my PPA (less differences, so easier to sync when I do it from time to time).
    The Debian package source is available here:

The git repo is here:

Your patch should just need minor modification for the Debian package.
    Last edited by oibaf; 25 October 2023, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Entropy512
    replied
    Originally posted by oibaf View Post

Thanks, I had a look at it, I think a better approach (at least, something similar to what it is already done) would be something like the install of rusticl.icd, starting at line number 285 in original rules file. Can you have a look doing it this way?
    build_dozen_v2.patch.txt

Yup, that IS much cleaner, thanks for the pointer. I also tweaked it to have a WSL_ARCHS define similar to how RUSTICL_ARCHS is used when the arch list is referenced multiple times

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    News:
    • packages for 23.04/lunar are now removed;
    • packages for 24.04/noble are added!
    Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Entropy512 View Post
    Oibaf,
    We've exchanged a few emails privately, but now that my Phoronix verification email FINALLY came through, may as well move this into a public forum since nothing needs to be private.

Since my last email, I did a bit more digging into the issues with enabling Microsoft Dozen (dzn), and I'm guessing the issue was that putting spirv2dxil and its dependencies into mesa-vulkan-drivers.install would choke on platforms that did not actually build Dozen (anything but amd64 and arm64).

Attached is a proof-of-concept patch (remove the .txt extension since Phoronix won't let you upload something with the extension .patch) that should allow building dzn on appropriate platforms without choking on other architectures. There's probably a cleaner way to do this though? Any thoughts as to other methods to conditionally install files based on architecture? [ATTACH]n1417230[/ATTACH]

Thanks, I had a look at it, I think a better approach (at least, something similar to what it is already done) would be something like the install of rusticl.icd, starting at line number 285 in original rules file. Can you have a look doing it this way?

Leave a comment:

• Entropy512
    replied
    Oibaf,
    We've exchanged a few emails privately, but now that my Phoronix verification email FINALLY came through, may as well move this into a public forum since nothing needs to be private.

Since my last email, I did a bit more digging into the issues with enabling Microsoft Dozen (dzn), and I'm guessing the issue was that putting spirv2dxil and its dependencies into mesa-vulkan-drivers.install would choke on platforms that did not actually build Dozen (anything but amd64 and arm64).

Attached is a proof-of-concept patch (remove the .txt extension since Phoronix won't let you upload something with the extension .patch) that should allow building dzn on appropriate platforms without choking on other architectures. There's probably a cleaner way to do this though? Any thoughts as to other methods to conditionally install files based on architecture? build_dozen.patch.txt

Leave a comment:

• paregistrase
    replied
    I found a way to downgrade the ppa without ppa-purge

Putting a file with
    Code:
    Package: *
    Pin: release a=mantic
    Pin-Priority: 1001

Pin: release a=mantic-updates

Pin: release a=mantic-security

Pin: release a=mantic-backports

Pin: release o=LP-PPA-oibaf-graphics-drivers
    Pin-Priority: -1​
    in /etc/apt/preferences.d

disable the ppa in sources and make sudo apt dist-upgrade

remove the file after downgrade
    Last edited by paregistrase; 17 October 2023, 03:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Dunno, this is likely a issue with ubuntu/ppa-purge rather than the PPA itself.

Leave a comment:

• paregistrase
    replied
    Hi oibaf

I'm also in the same situation of nir2142
    The ppa-purge doesn't revert the changes or remove the ppa from the sources list
    I tried with the command you said but without luck
    Is there other way to revert the packages to the original ones?

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Now that Ubuntu 23.10/mantic is released, packages for 23.04/lunar won't be updated anymore, I'll delete them soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X