No announcement yet.

Intel Mesa Vulkan Driver Fixed Up For Very Slow Gen9 GravityMark Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Mesa Vulkan Driver Fixed Up For Very Slow Gen9 GravityMark Performance

Phoronix: Intel Mesa Vulkan Driver Fixed Up For Very Slow Gen9 GravityMark Performance

Intel's "ANV" Vulkan driver within Mesa has landed a set of patches to fix a glaring performance issue affecting Skylake/Gen9 era graphics with the cross-platform GravityMark benchmark...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo: "driver forn ewer Intel" -> "driver for newer Intel"

Comment

In my case appear huge fps boost between before patch and last mesa oibaf driver, tested with 50.000 (200.000 is too much for uhd 630 gt2)

Vulkan No Patch

Vulkan Last Oibaf Driver

And using opengl seems equal before and with last oibaf driver

before patch

last oibaf driver

Last edited by pinguinpc; 04 March 2023, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Interesting, will it be backported to hasvk....

Comment

Typo: gneerally

Comment

I would love a MS WOS vs Linux dynamic benchmark with (one AMD CPU + one Intel CPU) + one NVIDIA 40 + one NVIDIA 30 + one AMD 7 + one AMD 6 and the Intel Arc 770 16 Gb. With the latest drivers and the ones before them.

With drivers geometric average evolution, for each OS, and combination.

In the case of Intel Arc 770 16 Gb Doom 2016 and Doom eternal are unplayable in my Manjaro, at least until now. And give me ~ 80 fps maxed out in 4k on MS WOS with AMD R5 6500X and Gigabyte AORUS ELITE X570 v1.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
              In my case appear huge fps boost between before patch and last mesa oibaf driver, tested with 50.000 (200.000 is too much for uhd 630 gt2)

Vulkan No Patch

Vulkan Last Oibaf Driver

And using opengl seems equal before and with last oibaf driver

before patch

last oibaf driver

Great! Can you test with zink?

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post

Great! Can you test with zink?
                mmmmmmmmmmm..........................is official in gravity mark for now

As shao khan said: You Suck OpenGL

Comment

Working...
                X