• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait to use Gallium-Nine on Windows xD

Comment

dwm.exe, StartMenu.exe, and explorer.exe would be nice on GNU/Linux

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
        Good thing we have Vulkan instead and aren't prisoners to Microsoft anymore.
        Unfortunately most games are done with DX12, I feel Vulkan missed the boat taking longer to release.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
          It seems mesa is becoming m$ sink.
          So? It was already Intel sink, so this isn't any worse.

Comment

Freaking Microsoft.... Why!
            What's the point of this thing if it only works on Windows anyway?!

Comment

Still waiting for them to get this working in hyper-v.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
                Still waiting for them to get this working in hyper-v.
                WSL 2 is just Hyper-V with some polish.

Comment

Originally posted by dragorth View Post

WSL 2 is just Hyper-V with some polish.
                  You have it backwards, WSL-2 is a cut down and sanded version of hyper-v. Hyper-v is quite the flexible hypervisor compared to wsl2.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Unfortunately most games are done with DX12, I feel Vulkan missed the boat taking longer to release.
                    Going by PCGamingWIKI the difference is not that big 169 games that use DX12 and 136 that use Vulkan on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
                      I didn't understand it correctly before I read the comments, but I wanted to write before that this can't be a honest aproach of MS, MS would be stupid to write "DX12 for Linux", they would seriously hurt themself not only by obmission but by spending own money.

So even if it would be that, they would have a plan to hurt linux somehow, by making the code so bad that maintaining would cost more time that write it new or something, because of bad code quality, or they would try to spam so much commits with thousends of lines so that nobody else could work on it, because of it's complexity and than use that to implement DRM or break it just when a popular game is released or something.

But make it sometimes so good that people would spend more resources on it and abandon partially mesa. Yes this is not the case as we learned it it just is useless to linux mostly. I just say at the current time it would make zero sense to boost gaming on linux, that would be a lemming move.

I would rather see them opensource their windows dx12 because that is cost free and they would get free bugfixes and stuff... so at least by helping linux maybe (and that would be a big maybe) they could gain something from it with zero costs.
                      If you want the "how this can hurt Linux" view then they don't have to make the code bad, they can actually make the code good. The whole point of WSL is that you stay in Windows and not install Linux. And now with full support for also graphical applications the need to install Linux for a Windows user is even less.

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                      Freaking Microsoft.... Why!
                      What's the point of this thing if it only works on Windows anyway?!
                      To prevent people on Windows to migrate to Linux. Now they can launch that application from Windows instead of trying out that Linux-thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X