No announcement yet.

AMD Releases Crimson ReLive 17.7.2, Linux Gamers Get AMDGPU-PRO 17.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the next day or so I will also have some fresh AMDGPU-PRO 17.30 vs. Mesa Git benchmarks.
    just a suggestion Michael but for gaming maybe focus more on the vulkan benchmarks comparing to RadV, now that there are a decent number of vulkan apps. Talos, Dota2, Serious Sam, Mad Max.

In openGL everyone knows that Mesa is well ahead and that's never gonna change. AMD themselves do not want gamers using the proprietary openGL implementation.

Comment

I consider buying a RX 470 card but i don't really know how it is doing recently. So, does anyone know if it has the same evolution as the RX 480 ?
      I saw on openbenchmark that those cards had more or less the performance at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by bintsmok View Post

For Linux game benchmarking, there are others such as Back2Gaming (based in Asia).

We take a look at Feral Interactive's latest strategy game which also happens to be the 1st Linux game that has Vulkan support upon release.

https://www.back2gaming.com/reviews/...hmark-preview/
        Never heard of it, but good to know . Oh and of course there's also www.gamingonlinux.com, but they don't do benchmarks all that much.

Comment

Strange. One week to go for the Vega launch and Michael didn't start the traditional moaning about not receiving hardware from AMD for review, then proclaiming that if he do not receive something he will buy one.

So that means this time AMD marketing department finally wake up and will start showing some care for the Linux crowd?

At last one tech site (hardocp), already showed a picture of the one card they received.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            Strange. One week to go for the Vega launch and Michael didn't start the traditional moaning about not receiving hardware from AMD for review, then proclaiming that if he do not receive something he will buy one.

So that means this time AMD marketing department finally wake up and will start showing some care for the Linux crowd?

At last one tech site (hardocp), already showed a picture of the one card they received.
            Nope haven't received any Vega card....
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Where is the 17.30 download page? The AMD site seems to still point at the 17.10 release. bridgman ?

Comment

I couldn't find it either - I have pinged the Catalyst folks to find out.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Nope haven't received any Vega card....
                  AFAIK Kyle only had his for a day and then had to send the card back.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by vkrastev View Post
                    Where is the 17.30 download page? The AMD site seems to still point at the 17.10 release. bridgman ?
                    Looks like there was a hold-up somewhere - the release notes were sent out to the web team a few hours ago so posting should be happening now.
                    Last edited by bridgman; 27 July 2017, 08:58 AM.
                    Test signature

Comment

bridgman , any chance this driver solve the problems for users with savaged GPUs , i.e. Tahiti LE ?

Comment

Working...
                      X