No announcement yet.

AMD Releases Crimson ReLive 17.7.2, Linux Gamers Get AMDGPU-PRO 17.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bridgman Will this release have ROC OpenCL for non-Vega cards?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      We sell a whole lot of video cards... just trying to come up with some new approaches to make sure that one subset of our customer base doesn't suck them all up and stop the rest from being able to buy them.
      One option would be to make cards specifically for miners that don't have display out and the unnecessary bits and make them cheaper than gaming gpus maybe. Hope the driver posts on the web page soon...

Comment

bridgman RTG Marketing is using this site in their official slides and they can't get this man some hardware? Is there a good place for current and potential customers to speak to someone about this injustice?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          Nice, but until they start selling video cards again, drivers alone do nothing. Maybe they should add support for nvidia GPUs too, for the sake of all the masses who were forced to switch.
          You can buy my XFX RX 480 8GB =P, It's a great card, honestly I am considering buying a beefy laptop and considering retiring my desktop as a server or selling alltogether to keep things simple. Make me an offer?

Anyways, curious to see what benchmarks look like for RX Vega in the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
            bridgman Will this release have ROC OpenCL for non-Vega cards?
            No... AFAIK current plans (at least for the short term) are to have ROC OpenCL for non-Vega cards in the ROC stack releases (since OpenCL is new there) but stay with non-ROC OpenCL for now in the hybrid driver for any cards which already had OpenCL support.

Once we get to the point where ROC OpenCL is "obviously better" for earlier cards than the non-ROC paths I expect we will flip them over in the hybrid driver as well, but because of the workstation focus for that driver there is a strong "don't mess with things that are already working" aspect to the planning. The transition from fglrx to amdgpu-pro was bumpy enough and we don't want to make things any bumpier without a really good reason.
            Last edited by bridgman; 29 July 2017, 03:41 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

Working...
            X