No announcement yet.

RADV Radeon Driver Is Now "Effectively" A Conformant Vulkan Implementation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just updated to latest mesa git and dolphin (gamecube emulator).

There's still bugs with the Vulkan output, not sure if it's the RADV driver or entirely Dolphin. For example on Super Smash Bros Melee, the background of some stages (Battlefield/FD) isn't rendered correctly,

Comment

Originally posted by DebianXFCE Jr View Post
      You think David become a Jew?
      You misunderstood the name: https://diasporafoundation.org

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        David should really switch to Diaspora, and stop using LiveJournal. Hint, it's owned by very not nice entities.
        Moving my blog is on my todo list, however I only think about my blog when I want to post something, then it's a matter of figuring out how to update all the syndications. I mostly post just to get stuff on planet.freedesktop.org and the Fedora one.

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post

Moving my blog is on my todo list, however I only think about my blog when I want to post something, then it's a matter of figuring out how to update all the syndications. I mostly post just to get stuff on planet.freedesktop.org and the Fedora one.
          Thanks! Please consider something like Diaspora if you won't be running your own blog. Unfortunately too many FOSS developers are using Google+ and the like.

Diaspora allows feed subscription (with Atom). See https://wiki.diasporafoundation.org/...feed_reader.3F
          Last edited by shmerl; 04 May 2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joni200 View Post

oh I'm not the only Phoronix reader who is on diaspora nice. Either way I don't understand why so less developers are diaspora users. There is a big technical affinity, markdown support in posts/comments and no ads...
            I agree. I suppose some aren't even aware of its existence, and then there is the network effect of incumbent services which have millions of people.

Comment

Originally posted by czz0 View Post
              Just updated to latest mesa git and dolphin (gamecube emulator).

There's still bugs with the Vulkan output, not sure if it's the RADV driver or entirely Dolphin. For example on Super Smash Bros Melee, the background of some stages (Battlefield/FD) isn't rendered correctly,
              Probably in Radv as Windows versions both on AMD an nvidia work fine. Some games are rendering perfectly, but there are still open bugs (mariokart for example).

Comment

This AMD Vulkan driver is not Mesa-based and thus can co-exist just fine
                Hmm, not sure I understand. If it's not mesa-based, wouldn't that make it harder to coexist with mesa on the same system? Or would it possible to have both Mesa and the AMD Vulkan driver installed at the same time, with Mesa providing libGL and AMD providing the vulkan implementation.

I imagine that having RADV and the AMD Vulkan thing installed at the same time wouldn't fly though, at least not without manually configuring ld paths.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogging101 View Post
                  I imagine that having RADV and the AMD Vulkan thing installed at the same time wouldn't fly though, at least not without manually configuring ld paths.
                  You can select Vulkan driver using environment variables, such as VK_ICD_FILENAMES which points to config JSON. Vulkan loader is flexible by design.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogging101 View Post
                    Or would it possible to have both Mesa and the AMD Vulkan driver installed at the same time, with Mesa providing libGL and AMD providing the vulkan implementation.
                    Both of these things are possible, though keep in mind that (1) the amdgpu-pro Vulkan driver needs the kernel module and libdrm from amdgpu-pro releases and (2) such configurations aren't officially supported.

Comment

Originally posted by nhaehnle View Post

Both of these things are possible, though keep in mind that (1) the amdgpu-pro Vulkan driver needs the kernel module and libdrm from amdgpu-pro releases and (2) such configurations aren't officially supported.
                      Too bad they aren't, I'd love me some MesaGL + fast Vulkan.

Comment

Working...
                      X