AMDGPU-PRO 16.60 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Quick question - does the same program work OK on the Bonaire ? I think that is what you are saying, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks...
    Sorry, for my late answer.
    Seemingly, Bonaire works fine with that drivers (OpenCL works fine). Unfortunatelly, I didn't make tests on OpenGL and desktop environment (X'es) (only OpenCL). Just, maybe only support for old GCN 1.0 devices have some bug.

Comment

• bridgman dungeon , just for your record. Installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu 16.04.1, made all upgrades, and installed amdgpu-pro 16.60. Installation went fine, with no errors, but after rebooting the system I was only able to reach the login screen and type the user password, which results in a hard freeze and consequent hard shutdown. Then I was forced to login through the older non-updated kernel and run the uninstall script to sweep out the driver and get a working system again. Just to recall, my system is an HP Zbook 14 G2 mobile workstation, i7-5500u+AMD FirePro m4150 (aka Radeon R7 m260x). So the answer is no, the driver does not work yet with the R7 m260x. To be honest, AMD's official driver page makes a clear distinction between drivers for the R7 m260x (fglrx only) and the R7 m260/m265 (amdgpu-pro or fglrx depending on the OS) http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/linux. Out of curiosity, how is amdgpu-pro supposed to work on hybrid intel-amd graphics systems? Is igpu/dgpu switching supported at all? Finally, I tried also the mesa/radeon stack (current mesa version for non-HWE 16.04 is 12.0.6) and, as I expected, the PRIME offloading stuff is still a complete mess...

Comment

• Can someone can this to bridgman? I don't really know where to post driver bugs. The new driver does not accept output blocks anymore. Eg, in GLSL:
        out block{ vec4 a; vec2 b; } Out; Said shader is compiled to SPIRV for vulkan and causes pipeline creation to crash. I noticed this behavior in the 16.40 driver but I never got around to figuring out why. This is in a vertex shader where any writes to block.a or block.b will cause the pipeline creation to crash inside the driver binary. The problem is still found in the 16.60 driver running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by username4890 View Post
          Can someone can this to bridgman? I don't really know where to post driver bugs. The new driver does not accept output blocks anymore. Eg, in GLSL: out block{ vec4 a; vec2 b; } Out;
          Just so I get this right, can you walk me through what you are doing ? Shader program written in GLSL, then you are using glslangValidator to convert to SPIR-V and executing with a private Vulkan app ? Can you make any of this available to our devs, eg the shader program ?

You said you noticed the problem appear in 16.40 ? What was the latest version where it worked correctly ? (presumably 16.30 but just checking)

Thanks,
          John
          Test signature

Comment

• bridgman. That's about right. The shader is pretty much the one used in imgui. If you need me to I can strip down my app to just the pipeline creation probably by the next weekend.

Dear ImGui: Bloat-free Graphical User interface for C++ with minimal dependencies - File not found · ocornut/imgui

The imgui shader is above. I'll put up my stripped down project on github by the next weekend if you still need it.

Comment

• Can PowerXpress/Enduro machines with Intel GPU run AMDGPU-PRO?

Comment

• Originally posted by LLStarks View Post
                Can PowerXpress/Enduro machines with Intel GPU run AMDGPU-PRO?
                Yup, just use "modesetting-amdgpu-pro" ddx provided instead of "amdgpu-pro" ddx.

On Ubuntu if you have px system just use "amdgpu-pro-install" script, but with "--px" switch:

Usage: $PROG [options...]

Options:
                -h|--help display this help message
                --px PX platform support
                --compute OpenCL support only
                That would be setup everything i think... you also have as script in a package called "amdgpu-pro-px" which do:

Usage: $PROG --mode|--reset|--help
                --mode powersaving|performance
                powersaving: shutdown dGPU, only use iGPU
                performance: use dGPU for rendering, iGPU and dGPU for display
                --reset
                reset the script changes
                --ispx
                echo "true" if the platform can enable PX, otherwise echo "false"
                Last edited by dungeon; 19 February 2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dungeon View Post

That would be setup everything i think... you also have as script in a package called "amdgpu-pro-px" which do:
                  Where can I find this script? I installed amdgpu-pro with the --px option and after restart the system works with the intel iGPU, but I cannot find how/where to execute this amdgpu-pro-px script (the only executable recognized by default in a terminal is amdgpu-pro-uninstall).

Thanks

V.

Comment

• Originally posted by vkrastev View Post

Where can I find this script? I installed amdgpu-pro with the --px option and after restart the system works with the intel iGPU, but I cannot find how/where to execute this amdgpu-pro-px script (the only executable recognized by default in a terminal is amdgpu-pro-uninstall).

Thanks

V.
                    Previously with FGLRX you do:

Code:
                    amdconfig --pxl
                    sudo amdconfig --px-dgpu
                    sudo amdconfig --px-igpu
                    (or that amdconfig might be aticonfig whatever)

and now with AMDGPU-PRO it is:

Code:
                    amdgpu-pro-px --ispx
                    sudo amdgpu-pro-px --mode performance
                    sudo amdgpu-pro-px --mode powersaving
                    If not in path then either add a path (export PATH="/opt/amdgpu-pro/bin:$PATH") or do it directly as this should be in /opt/amdgpu-pro/bin/amdgpu-pro-px then check if you can enable it:

Code:
                    /opt/amdgpu-pro/bin/amdgpu-pro-px --ispx
                    If "true" then do:

Code:
                    sudo /opt/amdgpu-pro/bin/amdgpu-pro-px --mode performance
                    Log out, log in... and that should be it i guess.
                    Last edited by dungeon; 21 February 2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• dungeon found it, thanks.

V.

Comment

Working...
                      X