[AMDGPU-Pro 16.30] CS:GO refuses to launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AMDGPU-Pro 16.30] CS:GO refuses to launch

I recently installed the AMDGPU-Pro drivers (I also tried the AMDGPU OS varient) after I got my new RX 480. I was original using the opensource radeon drivers provided by the Arch repository. I've been able to get all my games working except one which is CS:GO. It worked flawlessly until I changed my drivers to the AMDGPU OS ones.

Sorry if this sounds abrupt, I've been working on this for quite some time and looking to see it resolved. I've done some research on the GitHub and haven't found anything that sticks out as a solution. I've tried multiple tactics related to library files and etcetera. I even tried reverting to the Steam Runtime to attempt launch but have had no luck.

Error Logs:
    AMDGPU - http://pastebin.com/RCQFpqFv
    AMDGPU-Pro - http://pastebin.com/qhKCBXKx

Software + Hardware:
    i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz
    RX 480
    Xorg 1.18
    Linux 4.7.1-1

Installation Process of AMDGPU-Pro:
    Uninstalled the following:xf86-video-amdgpu, mesa-libgl, mesa, mesa-vdpau (and lib32- counterparts)
    I used the repository provided by Corngood (https://github.com/corngood/archlinux-amdgpu/) to install the 16.30 drivers.
    I built the package from scratch using the provided PKGFILE and patches.

If any further information is needed, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Neo3DS View Post
    I recently installed the AMDGPU-Pro drivers (I also tried the AMDGPU OS varient) after I got my new RX 480. I was original using the opensource radeon drivers provided by the Arch repository. I've been able to get all my games working except one which is CS:GO. It worked flawlessly until I changed my drivers to the AMDGPU OS ones.
    Just checking something... you said "worked flawlessly until I changed my drivers to the AMDGPU OS ones" but the steps after that described replacing the AMDGPU OS driver stack with the hybrid (closed userspace) AMDGPU-PRO stack. Am I correct in understanding that you have actually gone through three driver sets ?

1. open source AMDGPU drivers provided by the Arch repo
    2. open source AMDGPU drivers installed / updated separately by you (can you give some details ?)
    3. hybrid (closed source userspace) AMDGPU-PRO drivers

As debianxfce said the 16.30 driver is pretty old now, 16.50 is the most recent, although IIRC CS:GO ran OK on 16.30 as well.

You seem to be getting fatal errors in the log with both AMDGPU OS and AMDGPU-PRO drivers - am I correct in understanding that the AMDGPU-OS logs correspond to driver set #2 above ?
    Test signature

Comment

In logs i see couple "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32" which might indicate you miss some 32bit libs.

But that "error=/usr/lib/libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Get_Var_Blend_Coordinates" looks like something is messed up on that system, so fix that first

I don't use Arch, but looks to me like usual messed rolling issues maybe... nothing specific there to the GPU drivers
      Last edited by dungeon; 23 January 2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
        When using stable, nothing works.
        Then (t)roll instead and continue to complain

Somewhere else in the web: "many launchpad ppas are incompatible."
        Launchpad is for Ubuntu and slight derivatives of it only, certainly it is not for *any* Debian in the first place There is no compatibility there, things might work only by pure luck
        Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the late replies, I've been busy and haven't had the chance to check up on this thread. As I've stated before, I've only gotten this issue after installing drivers for my new graphics card, the RX 480, and decided to include that information as a potential cause while that may not be the case. The error could potentially be unrelated entirely as stated by dungeon.

I'd like to give my thanks for the replies as I greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to getting this solved.

The radeon kernel driver does not support rx480
          I was using the radeon driver, but I'm pretty sure it defaulted to my Intel integrated graphics if the RX 480 is unsupported. These drivers worked perfectly with my R7 370.

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          1. open source AMDGPU drivers provided by the Arch repo
          2. open source AMDGPU drivers installed / updated separately by you (can you give some details ?)
          3. hybrid (closed source userspace) AMDGPU-PRO drivers

As debianxfce said the 16.30 driver is pretty old now, 16.50 is the most recent, although IIRC CS:GO ran OK on 16.30 as well.

You seem to be getting fatal errors in the log with both AMDGPU OS and AMDGPU-PRO drivers - am I correct in understanding that the AMDGPU-OS logs correspond to driver set #2 above?
          I've gone through the radeon driver, the Arch provided AMDGPU OS driver and the "hybrid" (not really hybrid atm) AMDGPU-Pro drivers installed using a repository provided by the user Corngood on GitHub. It's available in the Arch AUR repository as well.
          tl;dr: I've only gone through 2 of the mentioned above. The third was the radeon driver which does not support the RX 480 according to debianxfce.

The AMDGPU-OS logs correspond to option #1.

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          In logs i see couple "wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32" which might indicate you miss some 32bit libs.

But that "error=/usr/lib/libharfbuzz.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Get_Var_Blend_Coordinates" looks like something is messed up on that system, so fix that first

I don't use Arch, but looks to me like usual messed rolling issues maybe... nothing specific there to the GPU drivers
          I don't believe it's the issue of "rolling release". Usually, it has to do with Steam's runtimes and issues with that. Also AMD does not support Arch directly with it's AMDGPU-Pro driver.
          Anyways, I've taken a look at that error and have confirmed that the required library is installed. I'll probably tinker some more with it and see if it is a problem with symlinks. I've installed the steam-native-runtime package provided by the AUR and some other mandatory lib32 packages, so I'm not sure.

Furthermore, CSGO is only 64-bit on Linux now.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            I've confirmed that libharfbuzz is installed and seems to be symlinked correctly. Both harfbuzz and lib32-harfbuzz are installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo3DS View Post
              I don't believe it's the issue of "rolling release".
              It is, that "undefined symbol" might came in when you recieve some package upgrade but something is wrong or not re/builded against sometihing - aka normal rolling issue When that happen some apps likely will fail to launch, etc...

Can't say offhand exactly what is is since i don't use Arch, but let me google it for you... for example recently:

Some downgrade harfbuzz, some remove infinality fonts or whatever rolling issue is there... as you see various apps failing to launch not just this CS:GO
              Last edited by dungeon; 24 January 2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Ubuntu LTS is made from Debian testing and the other newer version from Debian sid. Padoka ppa, Oibaf ppa and ubuntu flasplugin-installer works perfectly in Debian testing Xfce.
                Debian Stable is maded from Debian Testing and that is all . Ubuntu is just based upon Debian, but many things particulary in Ubuntu main core are not the same. Debian does not stop you doing any kind of forks, even FSF but also Microsoft like Canonical or Valve did is free to do their fork based on Debian, so anybody.

But once you change Debian's base system and Ubuntu do that - they have their own, that is not Debian anymore. So by using any Ubuntu's PPA on Debian you can't get any support neither from Debian neither from Ubuntu anymore, you can only state "it works for me and support is nowhere"
                Last edited by dungeon; 25 January 2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

https://bugs.debian.org/release-crit...er/stable.html
                  "
                  Total number of release-critical bugs: 588
                  "
                  Debian "stable" breaks when using packages from testing, sid, experimental and ubuntu. Plus users of that shit are using years old software.
                  You are official troll since your 5. posts and before that unofficial bot

Reasonable people know what is Debian and how things goes there, particulary you don't need to mention to users what to do - as you are nothing but the troll
                  Last edited by dungeon; 25 January 2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Take a look at the mirror, there you see the troller and spammer.
                    We are on forum and topic where people expect to get some kind of user support, but this problem is in his distro.

And no one mention Debian here before you, since OP uses Arch and that distro has their own problems Better delete your messages like before, because someone might read them
                    Last edited by dungeon; 25 January 2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X