[AMDGPU-Pro 16.30] CS:GO refuses to launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

It is, that "undefined symbol" might came in when you recieve some package upgrade but something is wrong or not re/builded against sometihing - aka normal rolling issue When that happen some apps likely will fail to launch, etc...

Can't say offhand exactly what is is since i don't use Arch, but let me google it for you... for example recently:

Some downgrade harfbuzz, some remove infinality fonts or whatever rolling issue is there... as you see various apps failing to launch not just this CS:GO
    The problem was with infinality. Harfbuzz's new update caused the crash. I found this out after researching more into harfbuzz, but thanks for the tip! So the problem is solved and the application, CSGO, starts finally. This means I can go back to the open source without crashes hopefully. I guess when I updated my drivers harfbuzz happened to get an update at the same time and caused the misunderstanding. Thanks for the help guys!

How to fix:
    This problem can be fixed by downgrading harfbuzz (which I don't recommend)
    Uninstalling infinality (Recommended)

freetype2 happens to have similar font rendering to infinality now, so it is not really required more. If you have bitmap fonts, then you have to add the foundry name in front for applications like i3wm, polybar, and termite.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

We are on forum and topic where people expect to get some kind of user support, but this problem is in his distro.

And no one mention Debian here before you, since OP uses Arch and that distro has their own problems Better delete your messages like before, because someone might read them
      I wouldn't say the problem was in the distro. I don't want to get into an argument over distros as people can use whatever they want, but the problem was with harfbuzz's stable update.

Comment

Originally posted by Neo3DS View Post
        I wouldn't say the problem was in the distro.
        CS:GO didn't break this nor AMDGPU drivers, isn't it? So what else can be So from a driver and third party app perspective, problem is in your side if you use Linux from Scratch. But as you don't and when in your distro some update break something, then problem is within distro or in distro
        Last edited by dungeon; 26 January 2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X