X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair enough, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
      I'm using this branch: agd5f's drm-next-4.9-wip (which has no DAL)
      Audio over HDMI is working fine for my HAWAII card (with amdgpu loaded of course).
      Are you sure amdgpu is actually driving the card? Both amdgpu and radeon can be loaded at the same time, in which case it's basically luck which one gets to actually drive the card.

AFAIK the code for HDMI/DP audio just hasn't been ported from radeon to non-DAL amdgpu at all. I guess it's possible that it did make it over for some DCE versions but not others, but it would be surprising. Anyway, agd5f would know for sure.

Comment

Well glxinfo says DRM 3.9.0, lsmod lists amdgpu, Xorg log says amdgpu and vulkan is working too. So it should be amdgpu :-)

Comment

/edit:
          lsmod lists *only* amdgpu. And the output connectors are named differently (for example DVI-0 with radeon and DVI-D-0 with amdgpu).

Comment

If it works, it's just by luck. There is a bit of hdmi audio code DCE8, but it's incomplete and was never tested.

Comment

The bits seem to be enough at least for HAWAII.
              Just tested again to make sure I wasn't doing something else, works out of the box without any problems.
              Lucky me

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                If it works, it's just by luck. There is a bit of hdmi audio code DCE8, but it's incomplete and was never tested.
                That might explain the purple vertical line some of us see when hdmi audio is turned on.

Comment

For my R9 390, AMDGPU driver seems to work way better - lesser problems (with radeon kernel driver, GPU randomly hangs every 20 mins), better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post

So what would I do to get it working in Arch?
                    There you go: https://github.com/amarildojr/linux-4.9

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
                      BTW, I'm having problems updating these files, so grab a copy of linux-git from AUR and edit the PKGBUILD and configs accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                      X