No announcement yet.

AMDGPU vs. Radeon GCN 1.0/1.1 Performance On Linux 4.9 DRM-Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i own tahiti, but why everything else regressed?

Comment

pal666 it Look like only pitcairn is affected, i have verde and amdgpu/radeon=1

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Are you able to get hdmi audio out of it?
        When I tried sunday I wasn't.
        Got my answer somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post

I'll have to give it another try with my 290x... Kernels 4.6.5, 4.6.7, 4.7.3, 4.7.4 with AMDGPU DDX drivers 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and all freeze on me when gaming... Sometimes I can Ctrl+Alt+F1 and get a terminal... Sometimes it freezes shortly after I get to the terminal... the system freezes 100% of the time if I try to switch back to Xorg, even if I kill the game on the command line (and yes I verify that the game closed, and even use kill -9 occasionally when required)... I've seen a couple of dmesg errors something like IH ring buffer overflow or something like that. Hopefully 4.8 or 4.9 will solve the issue for me. I'm going to try AMD-staging-4.8 next I think.

290x, Core i5 4570s, 16GB RAM.. I think Mesa 12.0.1 or 12.0.2 or so, not sure offhand

That fix, don't know if it made it to the kernel yet.

Comment

I don't use that. I still got that purpleish vertical 1 pixel wide line on the left side of the screen like I use to get with radeon. Getting rid of HDMI audio fix that.

Comment

The amdgpu kernel driver only supports HDMI/DP audio with DAL, which doesn't support SI GPUs yet. So I'm afraid you're out of luck there for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                all previous idiotic posts were not enough and you decided to link llvm with kernel driver?
                That was often my luck, sorry... most issues i had end up going from llvm actualy

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post

I still got that purpleish vertical 1 pixel wide line on the left side of the screen like I use to get with radeon. Getting rid of HDMI audio fix that.
                  Same behavior here.
                  I think it comes from the amdgpu ddx, because till it loads the terminal seemed fine I believe.
                  There's a bug about it but no recent activity.

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post

The amdgpu kernel driver only supports HDMI/DP audio with DAL, which doesn't support SI GPUs yet. So I'm afraid you're out of luck there for the time being.
                  Oh I see.
                  I wasn't sure if DAL was going to be used for SI or they just ported the old stuff.

Thank you!

Comment

RavFX , geearf
                    something like this?:
                    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97861

Oh I see.
                    I wasn't sure if DAL was going to be used for SI or they just ported the old stuff.

if I understand correctly DAL support for SI is planning but not now. I didn't ask when because i don't need this.

Comment

Yep that's the one I found when looking as well!
                      As for DAL, fair enough

Comment

Working...
                      X