No announcement yet.

OpenGL Performance & Perf-Per-Watt From The Radeon HD 3850 Through R9 Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder why LLVM version is usually not mentioned in these benchmarks. It does have significant effect on supported OpenGL features and performance for newer cards.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
      I wonder why LLVM version is usually not mentioned in these benchmarks. It does have significant effect on supported OpenGL features and performance for newer cards.
      Because the article mentions Padoka PPA was used, which therefore implies LLVM 3.9 SVN was used as is well known for this PPA or is easy for others to check: https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-..._filter=xenial
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by haplo602 View Post
        screw the power numbers
        power numbers are great! This shows why the r9 fury is a beast. And this will probably skyrocket with the next RX480.

Comment

This is a great write up. Am I blind? I cannot locate the OpenCL/LuxRender results for this roundup. I want to be able to compare to the upcoming Pascal test, which I assume will be testing OpenCL. Not a complaint, just a question.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
            This is a great write up. Am I blind? I cannot locate the OpenCL/LuxRender results for this roundup. I want to be able to compare to the upcoming Pascal test, which I assume will be testing OpenCL. Not a complaint, just a question.
            There are no OpenCL benchmarks in this article since OpenCL support doesn't work for all of the GPUs tested and that the open-source Clover-based driver stack isn't really feature complete / not good for benchmarking.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There are no OpenCL benchmarks in this article since OpenCL support doesn't work for all of the GPUs tested and that the open-source Clover-based driver stack isn't really feature complete / not good for benchmarking.

Thank you sir, much appreciated. I found some OpenCL results on the R9 Fury. I will compare to your future Pascal results.

Comment

Great article! I was really looking forward for something like this. Of course I will be waiting for eventual reviews, but I'm fairly certain at this point I will go full AMD (CPU+GPU, i.e. Zen+Polaris) in 2017. My Sandybridge is showing its time a bit.

Michael : I keep trying to whitelist your site, but to no avail. I mentioned this before, and I know I'm not the only one: I don't use uBlock on your site, but I do have Firefox tracking protection ON, and I haven't found a way to whitelist the site with that.
                At least when I'm on my phone I open phoronix on Chrome (those ads sure take forever loading).

Comment

Great article ! I still use a HD 4770 \o/

It will be fun to see where the $199 USD Radeon RX 480 fits in....
                  I'm interested too

Comment

Originally posted by puleglot View Post
                    How about Sapphire R9 380 ITX Compact? It is smaller than the majority of the HD 7790 / R7 260/360/260X cards.
                    Oh, thanks for the hint, did not know about that card. ...

Comment

Working...
                    X