No announcement yet.

Expected 8.4 features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.4 says: Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.476..... Is this the new version?

Comment

Originally posted by oyvind View Post
      Haha =), that actually works.

*On to inspect the contents of this new perhaps-to-be-fglrx-8.4 mystery-file*
      Hmm, packages for Ubuntu Gutsy built successfully using the Catalyst 8.4 package, driver version is reported to be 8.476 (compared to Catalyst 8.3, which is 8.471). Can't find any release notes in the packages, though (guess that's normally not included) .. Haven't actually tested the thing, yet.. But this certainly indicates that a release is near in time ? ..

Comment

sh ati-driver-installer-8-4-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/8.04 fails with this:

Code:
        dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: symbol XauFileName used by debian/xorg-driver-fglrx/usr/sbin/atieventsd found in none of the libraries.
        dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: debian/xorg-driver-fglrx/usr/sbin/atieventsd shouldn't be linked with libXrender.so.1 (it uses none of its symbols).
        dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: couldn't find library libfglrx_gamma.so.1 needed by debian/xorg-driver-fglrx/usr/bin/fglrx_xgamma (its RPATH is '').
        Note: libraries are not searched in other binary packages that do not have any shlibs or symbols file.
        To help dpkg-shlibdeps find private libraries, you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
        dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 512
        make: *** [binary] Error 1
        dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

Comment

Originally posted by c0un7d0wn View Post
          sh ati-driver-installer-8-4-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/8.04 fails with this:

Code:
           .. problems in build-land ..
          Guess it's not quite there, yet . Will Ubuntu 8.04 be officially supported by the upcoming fglrx ? I haven't kept up with the news and things, lately.

Comment

Interesting. I had considered the idea that it was the windows release that was holding back the release date. Never though of this tough.

edit: hum, just noticed someone had problems compiling while i posted this. ahh well...

Comment

Originally posted by oyvind View Post
              Guess it's not quite there, yet . Will Ubuntu 8.04 be officially supported by fglrx ? I haven't kept up with the news and things, lately.
              Something with my machine i guess. Just tried 8.3 and got the same error.

Comment

Try (with correct xorg.conf in case of hardy, lenny, sid):

Comment

It's out: http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=12223
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I built the packages. Now i have this:
                    Code:
                    $ sudo dpkg -i xorg-driver-fglrx_8.476-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
                    (Reading database ... 162048 files and directories currently installed.)
                    Preparing to replace xorg-driver-fglrx 1:7.1.0-8-3+2.6.24.12-16.34 (using xorg-driver-fglrx_8.476-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
                     * Stopping atieventsd                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            [ OK ]
                    dpkg-divert: `diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib32/libGL.so.1 to /usr/X11R6/lib32/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by xorg-driver-fglrx' clashes with `diversion of /usr/X11R6/lib32/libGL.so.1.2 to /usr/X11R6/lib32/fglrx/libGL.so.1.2.xlibmesa by xorg-driver-fglrx'
                    dpkg: error processing xorg-driver-fglrx_8.476-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--install):
                     subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 2
                     * Starting atieventsd                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            [ OK ]
                    Errors were encountered while processing:
                     xorg-driver-fglrx_8.476-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
                    Seems like its trying to divert /usr/X11R6/lib32/libGL.so.1 and /usr/X11R6/lib32/libGL.so.1.2 to same file.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      And seems as if everyone but ATi themselves are aware of it

Comment

Working...
                      X