AMD Radeon Graphics Performance With The Linux 3.19 Kernel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    With llvm 3.6 master Heaven works fine ... rendering issues are only there for me with those llvm perf branches and it seems only with more modern opengl like unigine demos wanted, tesseract, etc... well nine probably might not be affected, but dx9 level is not that modern .
    I just saw a bug ticket update suggesting that the rendering problems in the perf branch were at least fixed for some cases, so might be worth taking another look :

Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      I just saw a bug ticket update suggesting that the rendering problems in the perf branch were at least fixed for some cases, so might be worth taking another look :

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75276#c57
      That was I commented there

There was spilling issues with GI mid/high in tesseract, that is fixed... but not additional rendering breakages in perf branches.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of proposed laws requiring everyone to use their real names when posting on the internet, but it sure would help if people would at least use the same handle everywhere
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          I'm not a big fan of proposed laws requiring everyone to use their real names when posting on the internet, but it sure would help if people would at least use the same handle everywhere
          Well i know, i am sorry about that

Comment

If nothing else it would make me look smarter...
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              With llvm 3.6 master Heaven works fine ... rendering issues are only there for me with those llvm perf branches and it seems only with more modern opengl like unigine demos wanted, tesseract, etc... well nine probably might not be affected, but dx9 level is not that modern .
              Well you are probably right, dx9 has restrictions on the shaders that are sometimes much below radeonsi capabilities, so it probably doesn't run in some corner cases you can encounter with gl 3.

Comment

FWIW, it needs to be fixed (doom3 also affected as i see now, etc...) Basically it is same issue like there with perf-Dec31-2014, and si-scheduler-v3 from few months ago was fine:

Comment

It is actually in probably any game, just it might depend where you look at

Comment

By the way it seems that vgpr-spilling-Jan07-2014 gives another +20% boost in Unigine and +30% in unreal 4.5 demos without any image corruption:
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                      By the way it seems that vgpr-spilling-Jan07-2014 gives another +20% boost in Unigine and +30% in unreal 4.5 demos without any image corruption:
                      https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75276

I tried that one vgpr-spilling-Jan07-2014 yesterday, there is no corruption there... there are slight, but those big perfromance improvments i didn't see there, only in perf branches... so dunno, maybe only happens on big chips like that one R9 280X

Comment

Working...
                      X