HD 2600 PRO AGP - driver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@bridgman

march is here and no hotfix, so guess who was right?

Comment

Right about what ?
      Test signature

Comment

That ATI will not deliver a hotfix for this issue.

Comment

I don't think anyone was expecting a hotfix, were they ? We had already said that this was a development task, not a bug fix.
          Test signature

Comment

Bridgman just put yourself in our shoes for a minute. We bought *** a video card that is as useful as a paper weigh!?! So yes we where expecting a hotfix from your company. After all those card are pretty mainstream and They have been on the market for a few month.

PS: I would like to know how to contact the QA manager at AMD.

***(In my case it cost me 150$ a month and a half ago)

Comment

Sorry fred, what I meant was that since this required development work not just a quick fix it was not likely to come out fast enough for a hotfix to make sense. We have some flexibility scheduling releases around new deliverables so it is more likely that we would pick a different week for the "monthly" release rather than inserting an additional release.
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Sorry fred, what I meant was that since this required development work not just a quick fix it was not likely to come out fast enough for a hotfix to make sense. We have some flexibility scheduling releases around new deliverables so it is more likely that we would pick a different week for the "monthly" release rather than inserting an additional release.
                I understand that it is not alway has simple as it seem and that a lot of hard work go in the making of video driver.

I ask about contacting THE QA manager because I think that the fact that such a mainstream video card is not supported is something that should never happen. Because it does the company real harm in the market. And that something that need to be look at by management.

Comment

Neeeeeed helppp

I agree with the upping of such thread.
                  Because I also just purchased a sapphire hd2600pro.
                  And driver support is shocking.
                  And crysis runs in maybe 15fps in any setting, same with gears of war and UT3.
                  Pretty disappointing and I have the hotfix installed and the latest directx.
                  I even tried the dx10 alternative which is a bitch to uninstall that is if I even have it uninstalled at the moment:S
                  And I would really love to get working drivers for this card.
                  Or do you think its because I havent really had the card warm up to the graphics and usual play of the games.
                  They use to run fine on my 9600xt.
                  But this card is just shocking with some games.
                  It runs timeshift alright and the first time I played GOW it was fine but laggy and after that it just got worse.
                  Any suggestions?
                  Thanks.
                  Lach.

Comment

What hotfix could you explain a litle bit please???

Comment

I think it's the Windows hotfix from late January.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X