HD 2600 PRO AGP - driver problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Windows support for HD2xx AGP was pushed out via hotfix in January, and Cat 8.2 was the first regular driver to include it. Linux AGP support is being implemented now.
    Hotfix from January was installed properly on my Windows system, but in games with DirectX I have many artefacts. Catalyst 8.2 hasn't got support for AGP cards, because in *.ini file this drivers doesn't have support for ID: 9587 (Radeon 2600 PRO), so I have to install Omega Drivers, and it works better than Catalyst, I don't have artefacts in DX games. Sorry for Offtop

For Linux drivers I have hope than next release or earlier Hotfix will be have support for AGP cards

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Windows support for HD2xx AGP was pushed out via hotfix in January, and Cat 8.2 was the first regular driver to include it. Linux AGP support is being implemented now.
      Thanks for clearing that up bridgman, as for the bit about the Linux readme not mentioning the AGP issue.
      (And sorry for my ranty bit on another thread about using the PCIe WinXP drivers on AGP since version 7-11 - I really did, and I never saw the DirectX issue)

Comment

It looks like I didn't really clear things up after all

It appears that Cat 8.2 did *not* include the AGP changes since it was already locked down by the time the hotfix happened, so Cat 8.3 will probably be the first regular release with the newer AGP support. The folks who are having good results with AGP and Cat 8.2 also seem to be the ones who worked OK with the earlier drivers as well.

I have edited my earlier post to correct this as well.
        Last edited by bridgman; 17 February 2008, 02:43 PM.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          When there would have been a Linux sticker on the box you could sue em, but I think there is none Best way: find a friend with NV AGP card and exchange it or return it if possible.
          Well, it does say on the box that it works in Windows, but it doesn't, so don't feel like they're just out to get Linux users.

Also, I've used other Sapphire cards with Debian, with no out-of-the-ordinary problems. I just think there are serious hardware architecture issues with this card. No matter what OS you use, there seem to be some problems. And the AGP bridge chip runs very hot.

Nexus: It still isn't working for a lot of Windows users. Even now that it's been a known issue for some time.

And SirYes or anyone else, can you tell me what the "DPMS" option is? Thanks.

Comment

How about releasing a "Hotfix" driver for Linux? Waiting 1 month for next one is not really acceptable for this issue.

Comment

It depends on when the work is finished. We have a fair amount of flexibility scheduling releases so there are options betweeen "hotfix" and "wait a month".
              Test signature

Comment

Today has been a day of frustration. Just purchased the card to play HD movies only to find that the card might as well be a brick at this point.

$140 canadian that I'm hoping will eventually be called 'well spent' sooner or later. Thank you bridgman for keeping us informed, I wish for good news very soon.

Comment

Well this is a little up for this tread.

Does anybody has any news what so ever on the driver fix for the agp version for the HD2XXX cards???

Comment

up

Before this tread is forgotten!

Comment

Just to say: Because i use only Linux, when this thread has been solved, i'm directly running to buy Sapphire 2600Pro or XT AGP

Comment

Working...
                      X