X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enzobelmont
    replied
    Originally posted by Uchikoma View Post
    Hype and what you get are two different things you know. I don't mind if there's no hype as long as there is features and fixes in the upcoming release.

Respect is earned too, and ATI w/ regards to linux doesn't have it quite yet. It's a bit different on the Windows side tho for me.

...and you can contribute already you know. Hit up the radeonhd mailing list and offer to help a bit. Just because the full specs aren't there doesn't mean development can't start ^^

Rawr.

Greg: I haven't tried XGL under 8.42 so I can't provide a response to that -_-
    when i say hype i'm talking about all expectation generated around driver releases (do you remember "the baby is born"), and what we got?... just a _crappy_ driver, i hope so much this release (next one 8.43) to be stable and faster.

about respect: how can i respect a manufacturer that sells hardware without a decent driver? would you buy a new car with no wheels?, (or squared ones) i don't think so, unfortunately we (laptop users) can't change display adapters as easily as desktop users.

developement started a long time ago, radeonhd team deserves a lot of credit, developing a driver using reverse engineering [agh! sorry my english] is a hard challenge. I hope AMD_ releases complete specs soon, really i would love it.

dont take me wrong, I would love to see an efficient driver released every month (including gradual improvements) from _ATI_ , but every month we receive a disappointment.

sorry my really _crappy_ english...
    Last edited by enzobelmont; 16 November 2007, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Uchikoma
    replied
    Originally posted by enzobelmont View Post
    there is ZERO hype around next release....

i think this month will be the end of my respect to _ATI_/_AMD_.

maybe they should just give away full specs and wait for WE DESPERATED USERS to do their JOB.

I'm pretty sure that we will do it FASTER and BETTER.

sorry my fracking english...
    Hype and what you get are two different things you know. I don't mind if there's no hype as long as there is features and fixes in the upcoming release.

Respect is earned too, and ATI w/ regards to linux doesn't have it quite yet. It's a bit different on the Windows side tho for me.

...and you can contribute already you know. Hit up the radeonhd mailing list and offer to help a bit. Just because the full specs aren't there doesn't mean development can't start ^^

Rawr.

Greg: I haven't tried XGL under 8.42 so I can't provide a response to that -_-

Leave a comment:

• greg
    replied
    By the way - does 8.42 work any better with XGL than 8.40 did?

Leave a comment:

• enzobelmont
    replied
    there is ZERO hype around next release....

i think this month will be the end of my respect to _ATI_/_AMD_.

maybe they should just give away full specs and wait for WE DESPERATED USERS to do their JOB.

I'm pretty sure that we will do it FASTER and BETTER.

sorry my fracking english...
    Last edited by enzobelmont; 16 November 2007, 02:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mota_boy
    replied
    Yes coding C is one good idea, i`m just started to studying/learning c-language, but in near future is might be useful to helping to make good opensource ati driver or something else but still good think if me or somebody not hired people can also be part of making good drivers .

Ps. sorry my little rusty english.

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    Ok, it is November, 14. Where is a new driver?
    somewhere in ati. where else?

i can't wait for more specs from ati, and i can finally forget about that damned driver. maybe i'll also learn to code in C properly, so i'll be of some help the radeonhd devs.

Leave a comment:

• enzobelmont
    replied
    where is Michael?..

any hint????

can i run aiglx in a fast and stable way?

I'm using an x200m in my lappy, yeah i know. it is not as fast, but in 8.40 XGL was faster than 8.42 with AIXGL

Leave a comment:

• sergus
    replied
    Ok, it is November, 14. Where is a new driver?
    Can't wait for another week.

Leave a comment:

• oliver
    replied
    Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
    Open up a new thread, this really doesn't belong in here.

--
    True, but this person hasn't replied in the topic that was opened for it, so all input we X1950/X16nn AGP! users like to get anything really.

Said that, Mine works, i get 3d and everything, just horrible slow (no interrupt assigned or some such).

Leave a comment:

• Malikith
    replied
    Hopefully they'll fix some of the bugs I've got, heres my complete list of bugs/problems:

3D
    - Stuttering in 3d, its smooth sometimes, but it seems like when particles or something, I can't quite figure out what it is thats causing it, but it even happens in Hexen II (A Quake 1 engine game). All my games run smooth even at 6x anti aliasing, but when I reach a stutter area, well, its slow no matter what I do.

2D - I have a few 2d issues, one, when browsing with firefox, sometimes my mouse cursor shows corruption around it. Strange, and annoying. Also 2d performance is a little lacking still.

Video - Xv Video playback seems slow. Opengl playback is fine, but I would like to see Xv working the way it should, as would a ton of us.

AIGLX/Compiz
    - Compiz Fusion works, however, some windows do not show their contents, they are just blank. And I can't move icons on my desktop. Its like the desktop itself is frozen until I turn off Compiz. And it is a little slow at times.

If they can fix all those issues in 8.43 I'll be in disbelief, if they can fix at least half of them, I'll be happy. If they fix none of them, I will send Phoronix a new video that they can put on their site, titled "What happens if you have a hammer in your left hand and a ATI card in your right?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X