X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Yes it was very incomplete... you can not even run all OpenGL apps with it. It is mainly for games and a very little bit for AIGLX.
    Hmph... As I suspected. You'll find the same story with the Vista/XP version of the driver.

Leave a comment:

• Gottxxc
    replied
    Who needs (really needs) compiz? If you love this stuff pls buy a mac.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Yes it was very incomplete... you can not even run all OpenGL apps with it. It is mainly for games and a very little bit for AIGLX.

Leave a comment:

• Berniyh
    replied
    Originally posted by Crunchy View Post
    I wonder what the difference is? I've tried all sorts of kernel and config settings to try and get it to work. What's your motherboard/CPU Magic?
    Open up a new thread, this really doesn't belong in here.

--

Don't get me wrong here, if there is no possibility, that Michael can even say it will come out at the end of the month (which isn't really precise informationen ) or sth. similar, then he can say of course, that he is not allowed to state that and I am fine with that.

Anyway, I hope this one will be better. 8.42.3 wasn't the best release. Of course it had AIGLX and stuff, but there were some things, that I think could be prevented if you double check it before you release (I hope they do that ).

Leave a comment:

• Crunchy
    replied
    Originally posted by MagicTempest View Post
    I'm using the same card, but I do manage to get 3d support. I just installed the driver and it works. I'm also able to play various games and use AIGLX.
    I wonder what the difference is? I've tried all sorts of kernel and config settings to try and get it to work. What's your motherboard/CPU Magic?

Leave a comment:

• MagicTempest
    replied
    Originally posted by mabco View Post
    I second that Crunchy!
    Using Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP(512). Can get decent 2D but never 3D support.
    I'm using the same card, but I do manage to get 3d support. I just installed the driver and it works. I'm also able to play various games and use AIGLX.

Leave a comment:

• The_Monkey_King
    replied
    Any hint as to when ATI/AMD will release the 3D specs?

I know people have discussed the possibility of non-disclosure or proprietary elements within the chipsets, but I wonder if they are looking at 2D to be rock stable across 80% of the chipsets in production before they release the docs?

My release name vote: 8.43 'aka Black Friday'

Leave a comment:

• mabco
    replied
    Originally posted by Crunchy View Post
    A driver that actually works with my x1950 Pro AGP would be nice
    I second that Crunchy!
    Using Sapphire X1950 Pro AGP(512). Can get decent 2D but never 3D support.
    Last edited by mabco; 07 November 2007, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• metala
    replied
    I'm with 8.42.3 and Sapphire HD 2600 XT and I'm feeling very stable with my Debian Lenny. Maybe some bug fixes in pre-R600 will be well met. Because my brother's Mobility Radeon X700 is really blazing(compared to 8.35.5), but there are artifacts that many people have complained about. I have not other complaints about 8.42.3.

Leave a comment:

• Uchikoma
    replied
    You know, we'd all love the next set of drivers to come out as soon as possible so we can get (hopefully) more stable machines.

But, as echoed by many a person, many a time, I'm willing to wait till the end of the month if it means more fixes and stability.

...somehow I also doubt it'll be out November 10-11th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X