Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, it's November. Where's 8.43?

Well? I'm waiting.

It'll take a while for sure. I'd like to know, however, what changes are planned for 8.43. What I'd like of course would be AIGLX improvements (performance, Xv).

Maybe ATI should focus on fixing all the bugs and regressions, now that OpenGL is working at decent performance.

Comment

...of course you are...so while we wait:

- the chances of 8.43 being released on Oct 31st? Zero.
      - the chances of 8.43 being released before Oct 31st? Zero.

- the chances of 8.43 being released on or after November 1st, increasing over time.

xD

----------------

I think there was another 8.43 thread that covered this already, but it basically boils down to the following (roughly in order):

- stability
      - performance improvements
      - video overlay Xv, dualhead, video overlay GL in working order.
      - support for the latest kernel, 64 bit support, fireGL support, xorg 1.4 stability
      - compiz performance improvements

GL performance is already much better. Perhaps fix some of the artifacts that give the impression that the driver is 'cheating'.

So now we wait.

Comment

i feel the aiglx performance is the most crucial, overclocking option and more settings in CCC is important aswell, a nvidia card in linux cant compare i guess, my bro doesnt got that good performance in linux with his 8800 GTS 640 mb

Comment

i've heard that amd is planning to insert a full watermarked desktop in its driver the next time. since the users were complaining against it amd has decided to introduce it everywhere on the screen so that nobody would be able to identify the watermark issue inside the screen and the user will think that fgrlx would include a personal beryl inside the driver....

a part from jokes, they said that will fix the compiz bug (i still haven't understood what it is this bug ) and make the driver stabler for the boards supported and add the support to firegl boards. the last thing should also be official support for 2.6.23.
          for me that's quite enough since i'm not experiencing great issues. now for my x200m xorg is working quite well.
          maybe the fix of the libGL soname would be good to have, too.
          as for the date, i'd say that it would be released on th 13th or 14th of the month.

Comment

Working resume...

I'm hoping for resume to be fixed for the driver and Ubuntu gutsy. 8.42 fixed suspend for me, good first step, but useless without resume working.

Comment

I'm hoping for resume to be fixed for the driver and Ubuntu gutsy. 8.42 fixed suspend for me, good first step, but useless without resume working.
              i think that this is included into the official 2.6.23 kernel support since the suspend and hibernate works quite well with 2.6.22 and 2.6.23 with slab instead of slub.

Comment

come on 8.42 just came out.

By the way this might not be the right thread for this, but where would I file bug reports for 8.42.3 ?? Ive tried it out with rather mixed results although I admit its a big step in the right direction it might not be quite there yet. I would really like to "contribute" with various bug reports (mainly in regars to aiglx) but I dont know where to file a bug report for a closed source project.

yay for ati

Comment

I would really like to "contribute" with various bug reports (mainly in regars to aiglx) but I dont know where to file a bug report for a closed source project.

Comment

A driver that actually works with my x1950 Pro AGP would be nice

Comment

Working...
                    X